Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Took back my daycare!!!
MaritimeMummy 05:09 AM 11-01-2012
...and I couldn't be happier. Not even worried about the reduction of income. Just feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders.

I reduced my number of operational days and my hours open. I'll start doing contracted hours in the new year with the new contract. My one full time child has been reduced to part time...this alone has taken a lot of the stress out of my life.

I've discovered I love doing child care but I am not cut out for it in my home almost 60 hours a week. I've been able to do a lot more one on one with my own kids and where I thought my own son had developmental delays, turns out that once I took a few extra hours a day with just him, and a few more full days a week, he started coming out of his shell and progressing leaps and bounds.

My daughter is starting pre-primary next fall. I am going to need to be available at any point during the school day to pick her up if something happens because she's too little to travel on the bus. I can't do that with my son and 3 other kids, we don't have a van. So between now and then, I'm going to reduce my daycare, likely only continue to keep my cousin's little guy. Eventually she will need care for her baby that she is pregnant with now, but that won't be until 2014.

I'm actually looking forward to reducing my daycare now that I've taken it back, whereas when things were out of control here, the slightest thought of letting one of the kids go and having to confront the parents about it make me physically sick to my stomach!!
MN Mom 05:14 AM 11-01-2012
Yay! Good for you!!!
countrymom 06:33 AM 11-01-2012
good for you. I find it hard now with my odd in highschool. Activities are afterschool and being in the county there isn't a bus and no one lives near us.
cheerfuldom 06:36 AM 11-01-2012
yay! you did the right thing. I dont know anyone that is cut out for daycare 60 hours a week. thats insane....regular jobs are normally 40 hours a week with a lunch break and benefits. I do 50 hours a week but that is my absolute max. I dont deviate even 15 minutes
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 11-01-2012
Good for you! Being a business owner is so much more enjoyable when you are actually the one in charge!
Reply Up