Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM's Breakfast
Kelly 05:23 PM 02-01-2013
DCM dropped her son off this morning and on the way out she stopped at the door and said, "You wouldn't have like any Little Debbie cakes or anything would you? I didn't have time to eat breakfast and I don't get a break till 9:30."

I was speechless for a minute then just said that we don't have stuff like that in the house. I should've offered her the healthy breakfast I had for her son--he wasn't going to eat it anyway. He hardly eats anything here, apparently because I don't serve Little Debbies.
Starburst 06:34 PM 02-01-2013
I have thought about when I start my business maybe making coffee or tea and maybe having fruits, muffins, or breakfast bars that are available for the parents that drop their kids off earilier in the morning either every day, once a week, or just occationally. Sometimes they are too crunched for time in the morning and don't have enough time to buy or make coffee at home. My future husband (current fiance ) would most likely leave the house around the time I plan on starting (6 am) and will make coffee be for he leaves and I don't really drink coffee or warm tea (I like iced tea) so it could be a nice way to show appriciation to the parents.

And if they frequently break my rules or constently disrespect me I can always just stop doing it and then they will realize that I was doing it to be nice- not because I was obligated too. lol just kidding.... maybe....
crazydaycarelady 07:30 PM 02-01-2013
Seriously she is a grown up! How hard is it to throw a banana or granola bar in your purse?
daycarediva 05:50 AM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by Kelly:
DCM dropped her son off this morning and on the way out she stopped at the door and said, "You wouldn't have like any Little Debbie cakes or anything would you? I didn't have time to eat breakfast and I don't get a break till 9:30."

I was speechless for a minute then just said that we don't have stuff like that in the house. I should've offered her the healthy breakfast I had for her son--he wasn't going to eat it anyway. He hardly eats anything here, apparently because I don't serve Little Debbies.
I do this when I make homemade muffins on Fridays. I leave a basket by the door.
Heidi 06:51 AM 02-02-2013
I've been wanting to do that myself. I used to years ago, but now my first one gets here at 7, and I just haven't been motivated to get up quite that early to make fresh muffins.

I did buy some disposable coffee cups with lids for $2 at the grocery store a couple weeks ago. Step 1..
Tags:breakfast
Reply Up