Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Screams When Waking
TwinMama 12:51 PM 03-06-2019
I have an almost 8 month old that screams bloody murder when he wakes up from nap. There's no calm about him. I'm trying to shoosh him and not pick him up until he calms,but he literally screams louder.

At home parents confess that they pick him up right away. I would really love to teach him to be a peaceful kid. He just has no calm or cooing at all. It's either constantly moaning while playing or making some sort of noise or screaming.

Even my husband is like...this can't be normal.

Any suggestions?
Indoorvoice 01:18 PM 03-06-2019
No suggestions. I have the same kid only 11 months old. There is no calm/happy/content. Only on the move/fussy/crying. Luckily I have the option of giving him his own nap room, so we've been working on extending his naps and I can let him fuss until it's time to get up. He hasn't gotten the hint yet though. I'm sorry. It's tough, and with the parenting trend of never letting your child get upset, it only makes them more fussy when they realize they can't get their every whim met on demand.
TwinMama 01:24 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
No suggestions. I have the same kid only 11 months old. There is no calm/happy/content. Only on the move/fussy/crying. Luckily I have the option of giving him his own nap room, so we've been working on extending his naps and I can let him fuss until it's time to get up. He hasn't gotten the hint yet though. I'm sorry. It's tough, and with the parenting trend of never letting your child get upset, it only makes them more fussy when they realize they can't get their every whim met on demand.
I agree. It's ridiculous. These kids have no coping skills. It's I'm going to scream my head off and you better pick me up.

I have a Dad that's on the same page as I am, but Mom can never let her baby be upset. She even wore him around the house in a carrier to keep him calm.
Ms.Kay 01:59 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I agree. It's ridiculous. These kids have no coping skills. It's I'm going to scream my head off and you better pick me up.

I have a Dad that's on the same page as I am, but Mom can never let her baby be upset. She even wore him around the house in a carrier to keep him calm.
My last 3 babies (pt) were exactly like this. Parents all swore up and down they didnt do it at home. They dont want to listen to the crying....and I end up telling the parents because you're not giving them the skills needed to adapt to a home daycare environment..with multiple children....I can no longer care for them. At this definitely comes after multiple conversations about it. Put a star on the calendar....good luck.
Tags:crying after nap, nap - crying, screaming
Reply Up