Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Great!
BentleysBands 06:37 AM 11-18-2010
LOL

just got a text from my 15yr old that she gets to bring her 'baby' home today until MONDAY!! its one of those parenting babies. She's taking an EC parenting class and its required. wont it be fun listening to a crying mechanical baby that only she can control ?! LOL and i thought MY sleepless nights were over

thinking we might be shopping alot so she has to carry the baby around w/carseat and see how she feels about it
missnikki 06:42 AM 11-18-2010
What a bummer for you!!! Earplugs, Calgon...

I think they should be required for anyone of 'birthing' age, personally. As anyone on this forum can tell us, it doesn't take anything special to have a baby. You can even be a complete moron! (NOT saying this about your DD )
DaycareMama 08:16 AM 11-18-2010
Sorry for you. But I think its a great idea also. We had raw eggs we had to carry for a week or two. A crying baby is much more practical. IMO I also think that "young" mothers and FATHERS should be mandated to take parenting class. Sadly some of these kids don't have great role models to learn from
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 11-18-2010
Maybe she can hire you and pay you as the "baby's" childcare provider! LOL! That way she can also learn early on the importance of good quality care and the costs associated with said baby. We didn't get life like babies or raw eggs..we got 5 lb sacks of flour.
MarinaVanessa 09:02 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We didn't get life like babies or raw eggs..we got 5 lb sacks of flour.
I've actually done all three . In 6th grade I got an egg, in 8th grade I had the sack of flour and in high school I had the mechanical baby. I did well in all 3 instances and I remember it being a requirement for all three to pay someone to "babysit" when we couldn't have the "baby" with us like for PE etc. We couldn't put the "baby" in our lockers so it was something like $.50 per hour or something lol.

I didn't think it was too bad or terrible and I especially loved the flour. I stuffed the legs of an old baby sleeper outfit (with the feet) and put my sack in it and it looked like a real baby with no head and I thought it was an wasy assignment but I remember some of those sacks coming back in horrible conditions ... or not at all. Apparently if the sack rips, the egg cracks or you let the baby cry too long or jossled him etc. the baby would "die". There were quiet a few "babies" that didn't make it .

My mom was on me about the "baby" the whole time too, as in she'd make sure I always had it with me. It helped with the experience I think. I mean what's the point if as soon as the kids get home the "baby" gets put somewhere and left there until morning. If I was eating dinner, the baby had to sit in my lap, if I had to take a shower my mom made me rock the baby to "put it down to sleep" then she'd "babysit" for me (and I'd have to pay her). You should try the same so that she fully gets the concept of caring for a child as a young mom. I remember when I had the mechanical baby with the key and I'd be in the shower or using the "bathroom" my mom would come bang on the door and tell me to hurry up because the "baby was crying". My mom was awsome .
BentleysBands 09:37 AM 11-18-2010
WOW, i got nothing but a real baby LOL...had my first at 17yr....

great idea blackcat

i think its a wonderful idea!!! and glad she can participate . i was just joking on how i'm gonna be awake for the next few nights listening to the crying since i do during the day
Tags:crying
Reply Up