Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dcm Asked Me
melilley 10:25 AM 01-30-2014
if she should start looking for another daycare!

I have a 2.5 yo dcb who I have talked about before and he made me have a meltdown yesterday. Well dcd picked up yesterday and I told him about dcb's day and dcd said he has been horrible at home-at both mom and dads. They are in the middle of a divorce so I've been trying to keep that in mind, but this child was having problems before the divorce and it's been almost a year since he started here.

So this morning dcm dropped off and I had a talk with her. I told her that I honestly don't know what else to do about dcb's behavior. She asked me if she should start looking for another daycare. And she wasn't mean at all! She was very understanding and told me that if she was in my shoes, she doesn't think she would be able to have her son! Dcm, Dcd, and I all have been trying to be consistent here and at home, but nothing is working. I told her I have been really working with him and feel bad, and said that she knows I have been and understands. I did tell her I would give it two more weeks.

I was so relieved that it went to smoothly and that she understands and that she brought it up. I really love dcm so it makes it a little better that she understands.
Play Care 10:36 AM 01-30-2014
Glad it went well. It's so hard when it's not working despite parents working with you - especially when they are nice, good people. So much easier to let kids go when their parents are not good clients. Hope things work out for the best for you!
melilley 10:43 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Glad it went well. It's so hard when it's not working despite parents working with you - especially when they are nice, good people. So much easier to let kids go when their parents are not good clients. Hope things work out for the best for you!
Thank you!

Yes, I really wish I didn't like dcm!
Cat Herder 11:28 AM 01-30-2014
I know it is hard to see them go, but sometimes a new environment is all it takes for a difficult child to bloom.

Personalities don't always mix in children any more than they do in adults. Some people bring out the best in you, others the worst. It rarely is up to us....

Glad it went smoothly, this is the best case outcome.
Tags:bad behavior, behavior - effecting others, choose appropriate childcare, choose the right provider, choosing daycare, divorce, environments, understanding parents
Reply Up