Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Small Center Staffing
Unregistered 11:41 AM 05-04-2015
I currently have an in home center and am considering in the next year or two opening a small nature based preschool/daycare. I know part of it depends on different state ratios, but I'm just trying to get estimates on the number of staff in similar sized centers as I know staffing will be the biggest expense. I'm thinking of having about 20-25 kids, only a few under two (likely just siblings of other enrolled children). Anyone work in a center of this size care to share how many staff there are. At their facility? Thanks!
snbauser 12:10 PM 05-04-2015
It's too hard to figure out based on just the number of kids. It will depend on how many classrooms there are, how many kids per classroom licensing will allow, etc. Plus you will need a couple of floaters to cover breaks, lunches, sick days and vacations.
ashleyh 12:20 PM 05-04-2015
Depends on the age. I have a small center and depending on the age group it varies the amount of staff needed. For example we have two rooms - Infant room and the 2+ because I like mixed ages. In our infant room we are staffed at a ratio of 1:4 while in the big room if we have two year olds we are 1:6 with the two year olds and 1:8 with the 3 year olds. We basically have it down to once we hit 15 we need the third person in the 2+ room because of regulations.
Reply Up