Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gag! Gross! I think I might get sick!
sassysue 12:34 PM 02-03-2012
I laugh at all the stories about people going to get kids up from nap and they have their diaper off. Not funny anymore! Oh gag me. I went in to check on the kids and one boy had poop everywhere.Smeared all over the pack and play,the wall,himself. So I just spent an hour cleaning him and the huge mess up.If today wasn't friday I would probably be taking a day off tomorrow.
I've felt bad all day,sore throat,headache,sick to my stomache.
I never raise my voice to the kids but let me tell you.I yelled,LOUDLY!! I had to actually leave the room for a second because I was too mad to go get him.
This child is driving me crazy!It's one thing after another with him.I could write a story,but I think this story sums it up real nice
saved4always 12:38 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by sassysue:
I laugh at all the stories about people going to get kids up from nap and they have their diaper off. Not funny anymore! Oh gag me. I went in to check on the kids and one boy had poop everywhere.Smeared all over the pack and play,the wall,himself. So I just spent an hour cleaning him and the huge mess up.If today wasn't friday I would probably be taking a day off tomorrow.
I've felt bad all day,sore throat,headache,sick to my stomache.
I never raise my voice to the kids but let me tell you.I yelled,LOUDLY!! I had to actually leave the room for a second because I was too mad to go get him.
This child is driving me crazy!It's one thing after another with him.I could write a story,but I think this story sums it up real nice
Ick! I am so sorry that this happened to you, especially on a day when you already feel sick. I hope the rest of your day goes much better!
MissK 12:40 PM 02-03-2012
My daughter used to take off her poopy diaper and throw it down the stairs. Every.single.naptime. lol
Thats a yucky situation - especially when you're already feeling icky. Is this the first time he's done something like this? Was it right away when he woke up or was he in the pnp for awhile? I'd ask the parents if he ever does anything like this at home. Maybe they could send some onesies/bodysuits in his size (depending how old he is) for nap time? Just a thought
Unregistered 12:59 PM 02-03-2012
Ewww - That is just the pits (
I have on DCB that did that more than once, it was so disgusting the PNP was wrecked, I was livid and his Mum just laughed it off. He now sleeps in backwards overalls over top of his clothes as I think Nan suggested when I had to start a post like this.

Never a post you want to have to write lol
Heidi 12:59 PM 02-03-2012
I have an 18 mo stripper myself. He's taken off his pants and diaper, but luckily, not while they were poopy.

I thought I had the problem solved with a sleep sack, but he unzipped it. Put it on backwards the next day, but he wriggled out of it. Finally, I stitched up the neck a bit more (not TOO tight...lol), and since then, he's kept it on. Good thing, too, cause he's always the first one awake and always the one who wants out NOW! At least I know he can't crawl out of his pnp!
caring4kidsinSD 06:18 PM 02-03-2012
I had a dcb do that before and it was gross. Luckily it was summer so I just moved it outside and told the parents, they can take it home and but have to replace it or pay so I can replace it. There was no way(even with all the cleaning in the world) would I have put another child back in there as it was all over.

In the past I suggested to the parents, the kids weaer a onsie to avoid that issue. Then when they don't do that, I put hte diaper on backwards(worked for a bit), then the packing tape comes out. With the child above, they refused to put him in a onesie, and I believe I did have it taped that day so he was desperate to get it off!!!

Oh and by the time I went down to wake him up, the poop had dried all over - including on himself. That was gross!! I don't have a tub I could toss him in so I pretty much took the dirty clothes off and put the new ones on over the filth!
Countrygal 08:25 AM 02-04-2012
Oh, sassysue, that's just gross! So sorry that happened especially when you weren't feeling good. I wasn't feeling very good this week, either, but thankfully I didn't have to face something like this!! YUCK!
SandeeAR 08:30 AM 02-04-2012
If they can undo a diaper, they can undo a onsie.

Get a pair of footed pjs. cut off the feet. Place them on backwards, zip up the backside. Problem solved.
Reply Up