Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>All Day Screaming, And No Nap
sahm2three 03:31 PM 02-07-2012
I know it is a full moon, and that is probably why she is acting this way, but have you ever called a parent because a child screamed all day long and had them pick up? I have been sooooooooo close today. I have a 1 yo dcg who didn't sleep a wink today and if she wasn't screaming she was hitting her friends or taking toys from people. And honestly, this has been going on quite frequently, and I think it all started when she had her 1 year shots. She has been really cranky and kind of mean to the other kids. Could something in the shot have triggered something? I hate to inconvienience the parents, but man, it has been one he!! of a day!
Cat Herder 03:33 PM 02-07-2012
Do you know if they have had her ears checked for fluid buildup?
sahm2three 03:38 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
A couple weeks ago they did. Said no EI or fluid. She had a cold for a few weeks, and that seems a bit better. I just wish parents understood what it is like to listen to it all day, times 10! lol
kathiemarie 03:41 PM 02-07-2012
I have once. I really didn't think I could handle the kid much longer. It turned out he was getting sick.
cheerfuldom 04:05 PM 02-07-2012
It could be sickness but it also could be just that transition into toddlerhood. Some kids hit it hard and fast and literally overnight they are a terror.
Kaddidle Care 04:09 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Same thing I was thinking - possible ear infection. Or just could plain old ornery but the no nap thing makes me think that maybe it hurts more when she lays down = possible ear infection.
SandeeAR 04:13 PM 02-07-2012
If she has had a cold. Does she have a runny nose? Is she on Benadryl? Most kids sleep with Benadryl. My youngest DD was a holy terror when on it. It took weeks to finally figure out that was the problem. Took her off of it and in a week or so, she was a new kid.
sahm2three 08:28 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
If she has had a cold. Does she have a runny nose? Is she on Benadryl? Most kids sleep with Benadryl. My youngest DD was a holy terror when on it. It took weeks to finally figure out that was the problem. Took her off of it and in a week or so, she was a new kid.
She gets no meds here. Mom never mentions any meds and is generally a good parent who follows my policy on this. No idea. I am hoping it passes though, because WOW!
SandeeAR 03:56 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
She gets no meds here. Mom never mentions any meds and is generally a good parent who follows my policy on this. No idea. I am hoping it passes though, because WOW!
Even a dose of Benadryl at night, could bring on that type behavior. That is, IF she reacts that way to it. Just another something to consider for the behavior.
Reply Up