Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>They Must Know It's Christmas
preschoolteacher 11:04 AM 12-20-2013
5 toddlers + $5 train set (garage sale find) = 4 solid hours of independent free play this morning. It was a train for a long time, and then they took it apart and used the pieces as a boat, construction load to push around in the dump truck, eggs (?), and then they rearranged the track in all sorts of ways all over the room.

Also...
0 tears.
0 temper tantrums.
0 little ones clinging to my legs while I prepared lunch.
0 poopy diapers (how is this possible?!?)

And...
20 minutes of pure silence as they ate lunch
5 plates licked clean!
5 happy toddler sleeping without a peep

This was the best Christmas present I could have gotten today!
e.j. 11:13 AM 12-20-2013
Wow! You must have been a very good girl this year!
MsLaura529 11:16 AM 12-20-2013
So jealous. When I get my train set out it is a complete disaster within 5 minutes ... crashing trains, pulling up tracks, blocking the way for others, etc ...

Yay for you, though! What a nice day
butterfly 11:17 AM 12-20-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Wow! You must have been a very good girl this year!

I, on the other hand, must not have been a very good girl this year. Today has been rough... four more hours...
Heidi 11:33 AM 12-20-2013
whoo hoo!

My 2 year old has been a stinker today. Text to mom: Did he sleep well? Yes. Did he eat breakfast (we eat at 9, he arrives at 7)? No, he wouldn't eat.

He ate breakfast, and was STILL a stinker. My intense 6 month old has been an angel, on the other hand.

5 days off! Yay!
SilverSabre25 01:30 PM 12-20-2013
That sounds heavenly! These days 2 of mine usually play wonderfully together for hours on end, while I struggle to homeschool my 6 year old and my other two dcks go through varying stages of goodness/stinkerness.
daycarediva 01:52 PM 12-20-2013
SO AWESOME!

My day was a total 180 from yesterday, which is sooo appreciated!
Reply Up