Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Do A Non-Profit Daycare?
misspollywog 02:49 PM 11-02-2011
I'm wanting to use a portion, maybe half or more, of the proceeds from my hdc to fund a non-profit organization my dh and I are starting up. We will be hosting week-long camps up here in Yellowstone for disadvantaged youths. We've been wanting to do this for a long time and today one of my dcm's told me she'd LOVE to help and has contacts with the local Native American tribes as well as other groups who would benefit from our camps and she KNOWS they will love to help us out with fundraising AND sending us kids.

I also have a friend who is a professional youth counselor who worked for the local schools for years and will help me work up the program and can tap into the University for volunteer counselors who are working toward degrees in social work, etc.

So I've decided to only take teacher's kids or college students with kids who don't need dc in the summer so that I can do this. Yay!

I'm just not sure if this is something I should do as an individual, by just donating the $ to the non-profit as "me" or if I can do it by telling dcf's that x amount of their dc fees goes to the non-profit and they can then write part of it off as a donation or maybe give them the option of just adding however much on top of my rates that goes to it or....

Does anyone have suggestions on this or know who I can ask? I'm going to look at the state non-profit website to see if there's anything there but I doubt there will be specific information since this is unique. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
wdmmom 03:22 PM 11-02-2011
I would go to the Tax Information section and ask Tom Copeland or ask your tax professional.
Tags:non-profit
Reply Up