Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mean Girl & Early Riser ?
KDC 07:51 AM 01-31-2014
Hi I have 2 questions that I'm hoping you ladies can help with.

1. I have a DCG that I've had since she was 6 months, she is now 8 and in 2nd grade. We live in a cul-de-sac and I watch DCG-8 and other neighbor DCG-6 before school for about an hour. The two of them were planning a play date at DCG's lake house and was very snotty towards my kids (also age 8&6). My son who isn't phased by much told me 'he hates that I do daycare', because of feeling left out. I first video'd the naughty kids behavior (DCG can act sweet as pie, then lie and parents do not always believe an adult because thier sweetie pie wouldn't lie, ever!) then I simply said they needed to have this conversation another time because it was rude, she argued, I asked how she would feel in my kids position, she continued to whisper in which I told her I would be having a conversation with her parents, she snidely rolled her eyes until I told her I had her on video, where her eyes bugged out Today her father texted and let me know she wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be here before school. Should I bring it up with parents, or leave it be? Kids will be kids, but my blood was boiling at the disrespect. I haven't seen that behavior since she was three... she waited for me to turn around back then!

2. I have a DCB who just turned two. Mom dropped him off this morning saying he woke up at 4 am today and he may be tired so I may have to put him down early this morning. My issue... Nap is at 1 and she knows this, I do not just willy nilly put kids down to nap. He's a total nightmare so far this morning. How does anyone else deal with this? He may just pass out on the floor, then not make the transfer and fight me at 1 for a nap. Do I just deal? WWYD? They're always so inconsistent, drives me mad.
Tags:development, naptime routine, neighbors, providers own child, stress, video monitors
Up