Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tags Please!
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 11-27-2013
Lately I have received a lot of PM's from forum users asking if I can help them search for a specific thread or topic. The search function of this forum allows users to search according to a tag word.

ANYONE can add tags to a thread by using the "edit tags" section at the bottom of each thread. (on the right hand side)

I am asking that if you notice or see a thread that is missing a tag or tag words that could help in the search function to please please please go a head and add some.

The more key words or tags attached to a thread, the easier it is to find it later or to have it pop up in the users search.

So ladies(and gents)...... please add tags to the threads if possible.

It will help everyone who uses this board.

Thank you!
MamaBearCanada 09:45 AM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Lately I have received a lot of PM's from forum users asking if I can help them search for a specific thread or topic. The search function of this forum allows users to search according to a tag word.

ANYONE can add tags to a thread by using the "edit tags" section at the bottom of each thread. (on the right hand side)

I am asking that if you notice or see a thread that is missing a tag or tag words that could help in the search function to please please please go a head and add some.

The more key words or tags attached to a thread, the easier it is to find it later or to have it pop up in the users search.

So ladies(and gents)...... please add tags to the threads if possible.

It will help everyone who uses this board.

Thank you!
Just added some
Blackcat31 12:12 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Just added some
Thank you! I think it really helps when people are searching for info!

I try to add them and I know Michael adds a ton of them!

It's helpful when others add them as well because I don't always know what key words users would use to search for something ...kwim?

So again, thank you!
Blackcat31 09:24 AM 01-30-2014
Bump!!!
Cat Herder 09:40 AM 01-30-2014
I add tags all the time... helps me find specific subjects better and see the recurrent issues.
BumbleBee 09:47 AM 01-30-2014
On the mobile (lightweight version) there isn't a way to add tags-not even when starting a new post. I don't know how many use their phones as internet, but this may be a contributing factor.

I only have internet access thru my Droid unless I tether my phone to my laptop. The default version of the forum bogs my phone down so I only use the light version.
Blackcat31 09:47 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I add tags all the time... helps me find specific subjects better and see the recurrent issues.
I know...you are awesome at it and the lack of tags shows you were MIA for awhile.

But now that you obviously have some free seconds on your hands.....start adding those tags! You are "really" good (creative) at it.
Cat Herder 09:55 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I know...you are awesome at it and the lack of tags shows you were MIA for awhile.

But now that you obviously have some free seconds on your hands.....start adding those tags! You are "really" good (creative) at it.
Will do!!! These kids are sick of me now and tell me to go back to my desk...

I am banned from free-play and "only babies need help!!!".

It was so much more fun here when they were babies.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 01-31-2014
Nice job!!! There are tags EVERYWHERE (some really good ones too )!!!

Makes searching all this info much easier.

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
On the mobile (lightweight version) there isn't a way to add tags-not even when starting a new post. I don't know how many use their phones as internet, but this may be a contributing factor.

I only have internet access thru my Droid unless I tether my phone to my laptop. The default version of the forum bogs my phone down so I only use the light version.
Hmm, that's good to know.

I wasn't aware that the lite version had different qualities....I view the forum "as is" on my i-phone/i-pad and haven't had any issues so I didn't know that.
Tags:adding a tag since you asked ha ha, adding tags to threads, forum question, search tags, searching, tags
Reply Up