Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Day Care Training
01Love01Heart 03:16 PM 07-02-2012
Hello Every one
How are you?

I have been looking into training programs for day cares and I'm bit confused about certain things. maybe some of you can clear it up for me.

1. Are some training programs really free? ( Is it a scam)?
2. Can you take training online and if so is is as well as taking the classes in person?
3.Can you give me some websites that I can take these training on please and thank you

And any other information you think i need to know( I'm a little new to this...well sorta kinda ha-ha)

Thankyou Thankyou THANKYOU ALL

I Live In NY
Blackcat31 04:30 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by 01Love01Heart:
Hello Every one
How are you?

I have been looking into training programs for day cares and I'm bit confused about certain things. maybe some of you can clear it up for me.

1. Are some training programs really free? ( Is it a scam)? Some of our trainings have been free but not all of them.

2. Can you take training online and if so is is as well as taking the classes in person? My state allows trainings to be counted if taken either on-line or in person but ONLY certain trainings given by approved trainers/organizations.

3.Can you give me some websites that I can take these training on please and thank you Check with your local resource and referral as they usually have a large catalog of trainings available in your area.

And any other information you think i need to know( I'm a little new to this...well sorta kinda ha-ha)

I Live In NY
I answered in bold above too

You would have to check with your state's licensing office to be sure of the answers since every state has diffferent rules and regulations about this type of thing.
e.j. 06:37 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by 01Love01Heart:
Hello Every one
How are you?

1. Are some training programs really free? ( Is it a scam)?
2. Can you take training online and if so is is as well as taking the classes in person?
3.Can you give me some websites that I can take these training on please and thank you

I Live In NY
1. I'm not sure about New York but in my state, there are free or low cost trainings available now and then. I've also taken free courses offered on-line. Every year around Provider Appreciate Day, there are usually some free trainings offered on-line.

2. If you see training being offered on-line that you're interested in, check their web site. Usually they list which states accept their credits and which states don't. So far, I like the on-line training better than in-person training. I feel as though I learn a lot more during the on-line classes. I sat through one local training class where the the person delivering the session talked more about her boyfriend and their troubles together than the subject she was supposed to be discussing. I also like the convenience of taking training in my own home when I feel like it and not having to race out of the house after the last day care family leaves to get to a training workshop where the info is usually a rehash of everything I already know.

3. I like ChildCare Education Institute (CCEIonline.com) It's not free but when I divide the cost by the number of credits I have to take each year, it costs less than paying for each individual class I take locally.
Unregistered 06:59 PM 07-02-2012
http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/chi...rproviders.asp

will tell you everything you need to know about regulations and training for providing day care in NYS. It tells which trainings are required, and has links to the free online trainings and the schedule for free videoconference trainings. you can also find links to lists of the approved online trainings from outside companies.
Crystal 07:30 PM 07-02-2012
Look in to your local community college. Most offer courses in early childhood education/child development both in person and on-line. There is a fee associated with these course (here is it $36 per unit and most classes are three units each) plus the cost of books. There are, however, many financial aid programs that most people qualify for, both grants and student loans (pell grant and sallie mae loans) as well as the Board of Governor Fee Waiver...if you qualify financially, it covers the cost of your courses. It may be called something different there, btw. I recommend you meet with a counselor and work towards a certificate or an AA. Cerificates are pretty specific to coursework. Here we have associate teacher, teacher, master teacher, site supervisor and site director certificates and permits.

Good luck and I am glad to hear that you are interested in educating yourself in the field of ECE!
Tags:training
Reply Up