Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Term and Non-Payment Question/Help
Luvnmykidz 08:45 AM 06-22-2014
So this is the same dcp that has the child with an organic and gluten free diet that she feeds McDonald's to. I am ready to term. The child is well behaved for me and has only been here a short time. My policy states a 30 day trial and they receive an acceptance letter if we are both happy with the past 30 days. At any time either party can terminate the contract by submitting a written two week notice of termination.

So here are the issues: (sorry its a little long) First mother states medical issues, behavior issues and food allergies. I request documentation from a doctor on all of the above. I receive a fax from the doctor that doesn't state anything other than very very mild asthma. I inform the mom that I can not accommodate her request for organic/gluten free foods without proper documentation, as I provide all meals and only allow outside meals for medical necessity. I also make it clear that if this is a lifestyle choice that is fine but I will not provide care for the child as my program doesn't work that way. Each time mom brings child two hours past drop off time with no medical documentation and I accept the child and explain the above again to mom. She says OK and leaves him with me.

I have implemented Nannyde buh bye outside policy because the child is very aggressive to the mother (hitting kicking slapping, etc). The mother picks up late on a day that she is requested to pick up earlier. I take the child to my appointment because she is late and make her pick up there. She then states we need to talk because I need to feed him the diet she requested. I correct the tone "professionally" and state my policies and explain that pick up needs to be at the agreed upon time on that day of the week or care will not be provided.

I also remind her payment is due in advance on Friday by 5 pm. I text a reminder Friday as well and she responds "OK".

Here it is Sunday and I have not received a payment. I need help writing a term letter as no amount of money will make me want to continue this relationship. I charge $10 a day for late fees immediately at 5 pm on Friday and each calendar day until payment is received in full. Immediate termination results five consecutive days of non payment.

Thanks in advance
Leigh 09:41 AM 06-22-2014
Dear crazy mom:

This letter serves as notice of termination of child care services effective immediately for failure to provide medical documentation, excessive tardiness with drop-off and pick up, and for failure to make payment on time. Your final payment of $_____ is due immediately for services already rendered and to fulfill your notice period as per our signed contract.
Angelsj 10:56 AM 06-22-2014
If you don't want to continue services, I would just leave the money thing alone, and do a "services are terminated immediately" letter for her Monday morning. Give it to her with the child's things, and send her on her way. (Assuming she shows up, which may not happen.)
Luvnmykidz 10:07 AM 06-23-2014
Turns out I may not have to term her at all. Shes coming to discuss his "plan of care" this evening and stated that she may need to change his daycare status with me based upon our meeting this evening. Guess that means she will be terming herself.

I will have my termination paper ready in case she doesn't term this evening though.
deliberateliterate 10:39 AM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
Turns out I may not have to term her at all. Shes coming to discuss his "plan of care" this evening and stated that she may need to change his daycare status with me based upon our meeting this evening. Guess that means she will be terming herself.

I will have my termination paper ready in case she doesn't term this evening though.
I would so not waste an evening on her because there is no way that I would continue care with her based on what you've told us.
NeedaVaca 10:52 AM 06-23-2014
You have already decided you no longer want to care for him, why waste more of your time? Just hand her the term letter at pickup and do not bother with more meetings.
Blackcat31 11:29 AM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
I would so not waste an evening on her because there is no way that I would continue care with her based on what you've told us.

Dear DCM

At this time I have decided not to enroll your family in my program on a permanent basis as it is clear I am not a good fit for your needs.

I have explained my policies and program rules to you on more than one occasion.

My program rules/policies are NOT negotiable or subject to debate.

The last day I can provide care is xxx, 2014.

Thank you

Provider

MarinaVanessa 11:48 AM 06-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Dear DCM

At this time I have decided not to enroll your family in my program on a permanent basis as it is clear I am not a good fit for your needs.

I have explained my policies and program rules to you on more than one occasion.

My program rules/policies are NOT negotiable or subject to debate.

The last day I can provide care is xxx, 2014.

Thank you

Provider
Yes this, given to her today at pick up time before she can utter a word and then you can ask her what she wanted to talk to you about
Luvnmykidz 08:29 PM 06-23-2014
She came in and my papers were ready. She paid her fees and turned in her letter of withdrawal and stated she would like it to be temporary because she really likes my program and just needs to get his medical paperwork . She asked if he could be drop in every once in a while if I had space. I explained that we are not a good fit and stated some of the issues. I also said drop in spaces are only when space is available and that his space has already been filled as I was planning to terminate care. She seemed shocked but said she understood. I wished her luck on her search for a daycare that is more suitable for her needs and they went on their way.
Luvnmykidz 08:30 PM 06-23-2014
Thank you ladies once again for your help and especially for term letters
Blackcat31 06:11 AM 06-24-2014
Glad it worked out ok and there was no major drama.

Sometimes we just aren't the right fit for parents and that's ok.

It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with us or them.

Glad this worked out for everyone.
midaycare 07:01 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
She came in and my papers were ready. She paid her fees and turned in her letter of withdrawal and stated she would like it to be temporary because she really likes my program and just needs to get his medical paperwork . She asked if he could be drop in every once in a while if I had space. I explained that we are not a good fit and stated some of the issues. I also said drop in spaces are only when space is available and that his space has already been filled as I was planning to terminate care. She seemed shocked but said she understood. I wished her luck on her search for a daycare that is more suitable for her needs and they went on their way.
Great ending to a crazy few weeks. Glad it went so well.
Tags:non-payment, non-payment letter, nonpayment, terminate - non-payment
Reply Up