Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Christmas Gifting To Providers
paul.siu 08:54 PM 10-23-2014
Is there any etiquette to gifting childcare provider at a chain daycare. One issue is that at the daycare, my kids may be looked after by multiple people. It may be a bit unfair if I left someone out because they were part-timer or we don't get to meet them because their shift is within working hours.

Paul
Josiegirl 03:20 AM 10-24-2014
Couple ideas came to me; buying toys, etc., for the daycare itself for all to enjoy or bringing in an assortment of Christmas goodies, fruit, etc., to be enjoyed by all.
snbauser 03:39 AM 10-24-2014
I was going to suggest what the pp said. Can you provide something like a cookie/treat platter or something like that?
melilley 10:53 AM 10-24-2014
When I worked in a center, we LOVED when parents brought in treats for everyone! I guess we liked to eat...

Also, parents would give their kids' primary teachers something like a gift card or a little gift. I worked with a lot of part time teachers and they understood.
sahm1225 06:43 PM 10-25-2014
I agree about a group gift. A tray of cookies, or if you want to do something bigger, a tray of sub sandwiches, chips and a few 2 liters.
AmyKidsCo 07:58 AM 10-26-2014
How many caregivers are there? I always treasure handwritten notes of appreciation, and if you can afford a $5 Starbucks gift card for each, that would be an extra little something.
pandamom 02:01 PM 11-02-2014
Group gift. I've had parents give our room a big box of nice chocolates, nice hand soap and a nice letter. Loved it and we were able to share with our floaters.
Tags:christmas - gift exchange, christmas gifts
Reply Up