Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At a Total Loss
Unregistered 12:46 PM 05-17-2012
I am so torn on what to do. I've never dealt with a family and child like this before.

Long story short, DCB almost 5, has a pretty bad behavior and toilet training issue. DCP's have in the past been not helpful in dealing with their sons issues like taking him to a Dr. Finally they do and have a loose plan but within 2 weeks it's back to the same old behavioir issues. DCB was like that at home too until 2 weeks ago so DCP's think he's "cured" and have "no idea" why he's still acting like this with me. There is no repercussion for behavioir at home and they are coddling his terribly since the meeting we had. One of the parents even came close to calling me a liar yesterday. I'm so frustrated and annoyed about all of this. I asked if I should get witnesses together for DCP's because I don't feel like they believe me. Plus DCB is lying to them telling him he's being "good".
I'm feeling very alone on this.
cheerfuldom 01:13 PM 05-17-2012
I would let this family go with the general reason that your daycare is not the right fit for him. There is only so much you can do for a family. You cant raise this child on your own or change his parents or home dynamic. If you have reached the end of your solutions with this, then it is time to let them go. It is important to know when to just let go.
SunshineMama 01:23 PM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would let this family go with the general reason that your daycare is not the right fit for him. There is only so much you can do for a family. You cant raise this child on your own or change his parents or home dynamic. If you have reached the end of your solutions with this, then it is time to let them go. It is important to know when to just let go.
Well said
sharlan 01:39 PM 05-17-2012
It's time for this family to move on to the next provider.

When the parents insinuate that you are lying, it shows they have no trust or respect for you. I refuse to work with parents in that situation.
Christian Mother 01:50 PM 05-17-2012
Maybe discuss with the parents about video taping him during the day? Discuss with dcb and the parents so all are aware of what your doing and then provide them with the copy so you can go over and discuss the diff. behaviors your dealing with and how to deal w/them in daycare while parents reinforce good behavior at home but also encouraging good behavior at daycare. Maby a behavior chart? Then also give dcf/dcb 2 wks to improve or he will be termed. You advise that you'd like to work with him however; if you don't see improvement then your program just isn't for this family.
Tags:bad behavior, potty training
Reply Up