Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cal works ...
littlemisssunshine 10:33 PM 07-07-2012
Ok so I started working with a family in may of this year the family has been paying me cash $100 per week so the family applied for cal works and said they would tell their cal works person they havnt paid me and if I could pay them back the 100 when I they backpay me from the calworks check. I asked for 160 a week from cal works. Does this make any sense
Blackcat31 08:46 AM 07-08-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
Ok so I started working with a family in may of this year the family has been paying me cash $100 per week so the family applied for cal works and said they would tell their cal works person they havnt paid me and if I could pay them back the 100 when I they backpay me from the calworks check. I asked for 160 a week from cal works. Does this make any sense
Sounds to me like they are trying to outsmart the system. By saying they haven't paid you, the program will now pay you and you can reimburse them but to me that is lying.

If they DID pay you then you should be able to tell the program that and they probably won't be getting any money back for whatever they paid out.

I dunno how your state's system works but I would have NO part in any dishonesty about payments made or not made....kwim?

If they paid you and aren't entitled to being reimbursed without lying about it then it is absolutely wrong and I would not want to be associated with any type of bilking the system.
Truly Scrumptious 09:35 AM 07-08-2012
I agree with Blackcat....and this sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Let's say you went along with this, then they got mad at you for any little thing.... this would be the very thing they would pick to try and get you in trouble.
Don't trust it!
I've learned through the years, that no matter how nice day care parents are and how much I really like them...bottom line, they are not your friends.
kathiemarie 11:01 AM 07-08-2012
Run... People like this is why Cali is so broke right now. It will come back to bite YOU one day.
missjenny 11:03 AM 07-08-2012
I would in no way have anything to do with this. This is called fraud and you and this family can get into a lot of trouble if anyone finds out. On a side note I am all for people getting help when needed but stealing from the system in my own opinion is wrong since it is in essences stealing from your own community and anyone who pays their taxes.
Tags:cal works, non-payment, payment - due
Reply Up