Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting Dissed On FB. What Would You Do??
Unregistered 07:08 PM 08-30-2011
Ok so I'm staying anon just in case. I termed a family last week after the 2 week trial for physical aggression (bitting). DCM and DCD friended me on FB right after the interview and were posting positive things about my daycare from the getgo.

So right after I termed them I thought it went really well but was still considering taking them off my FB just because they aren't a current family anymore.

Come to find out they not only have de-friended me but dcm and dcd have reset their privacy setting so I couldn't even find them anymore. I'm a little hurt bc I thought things ended ok but I guess not.

I went on my dh's account and was able to search and find them both but on my account..no go. So they have gone so far as to single out my particular account.

Dcm texted me today to see when I was sending refund check and I said I mail it today. She said she really appreciated everything and I really wanted to mention the FB stuff.

Would you say anything or just let it go? My DH thinks I'm crazy but that really bothers me for some reason.
SilverSabre25 08:03 PM 08-30-2011
I don't think you're getting dissed, exactly. I think going so far as to make themselves unsearchable by you is a bit much, but you don't know for sure that they're saying anything bad about you.

I'd leave it. They feel more comfortable that way, that's their choice.

I understand how you feel though...that would hurt my feelings too.
MamaBear 08:13 PM 08-30-2011
That would bother me too... Its kind of a FB diss. But their choice to do so I guess. I wouldnt say anything because it is kind of silly to be bothered by it (although I know I would too). I wouldnt say anything about it. Just try to let it go. Sorry that happened to you!!
momofboys 08:19 PM 08-30-2011
Something similar happened to me after I termed a parent. But they didn't "unfriend" me - they just stopped being interested in my posts. My guess is they just clicked the little X that would allow them to see my posts on their feed. It still hurt my feelings somewhat that this person now ignored me b/c they used to like my posts a lot!
Crazy8 08:46 PM 08-30-2011
I'd probably let it go because I'm non-confrontational like that but I'd probably want to ask them about it too so I understand how you feel. I wouldn't take it as a diss though - to me that would be if they posted something bad about you or your daycare. If you only knew them for 2 weeks and won't see each other much anymore I would just let it go.

This is why I won't friend DCP's on my personal account anymore.
sharlan 08:50 PM 08-30-2011
You've termed the child, cut the ties and let it go.
Blackcat31 08:54 PM 08-30-2011
without mincing words, your post sounds as though you are kinda angry (or hurt) that they did to you first what you planned on doing to them?

The reasons why you each felt the need to want to delete each other is pointless, you both had the same idea....they just beat you to it.
Crazy8 08:57 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
without mincing words, your post sounds as though you are kinda angry (or hurt) that they did to you first what you planned on doing to them?

The reasons why you each felt the need to want to delete each other is pointless, you both had the same idea....they just beat you to it.
I got the impression that the full fledged blocking is what bothered her, not the deleting. I don't think most people use the block function unless they have a real issue with a person.

But I do agree either way - just cut ties and let it go.
Blackcat31 09:03 PM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I got the impression that the full fledged blocking is what bothered her, not the deleting. I don't think most people use the block function unless they have a real issue with a person.

But I do agree either way - just cut ties and let it go.
oh, I see... I am NOT a fan of facebook. My DH calls it "social masturbation" and IMHO, the whole idea of it is somewhat like a breeding ground for drama.

Sorry OP if there are more layers to this than what I read (deleted/blocked/censored..whatever the options are on FB). So the whole thing is you wanted to do "A" to them for business reasons and they did "A+B" to you and that doesn't sit well with you and makes you feel hurt?

I guess I would let it go and figure they have their reasons, as did you. The child is no longer in care so roll on....
TBird 09:55 PM 08-30-2011
IMHO I don't really see it as a diss. They must have seen the FB friendship as a business connection, not a real "friend thing" so they just cut the ties and moved on...as I believe it should be.
JenNJ 04:51 AM 08-31-2011
Get your big girl panties on and woman up. These are not your friends. They never wanted to be your friends. They don't care about a relationship with you because their child is no longer in your care. Facebook in a daycare context, IMO, is used to stay current on daycare happenings or to cyber-stalk you so they know you are good enough to care for their child. Cut ties and move on.
wdmmom 06:11 AM 08-31-2011
You've been blocked. They didn't change their privacy settings, they unfriended and blocked you.

Don't be butt hurt. Move on, find a new family and keep smiling!
NiNi.R. 06:47 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
oh, I see... I am NOT a fan of facebook. My DH calls it "social masturbation" and IMHO, the whole idea of it is somewhat like a breeding ground for drama.:
That's a new one lol. My dad isn't a fan either he calls it "B**chbook"
Unregistered 06:52 AM 08-31-2011
As a rule I wouldn't put any clients on FB in the future. And I would keep all private even friends fyi.
cheerfuldom 07:37 AM 08-31-2011
I think you're being way to sensitive.
Crystal 07:52 AM 08-31-2011
This is one of the reasons I cannot stand social networking sites. They cause nothing but drama. I cannot beleive the number of ADULTS who cannot handle the use of such sites and end up causing themselves undue stress.

OP....I would just chalk it up to the client ending the business relationship rather than a friendship and move on. It's not worth your time or energy to worry about it.
Kaddidle Care 09:51 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Get your big girl panties on and woman up. These are not your friends. They never wanted to be your friends. They don't care about a relationship with you because their child is no longer in your care. Facebook in a daycare context, IMO, is used to stay current on daycare happenings or to cyber-stalk you so they know you are good enough to care for their child. Cut ties and move on.
What she said! Facebook is evil!
Sunshine44 09:55 AM 08-31-2011
That sucks, but you should not care too much. I understand the need to vent, I'd do it also. After I vented I'd move on because they weren't a match for you and you wanted to unfriend them also. If I were a daycare parent and got termed for any reason, even on good terms I would probably unfriend the provider. Not as a mean thing, just as an I'm upset and want to get as far away from these feelings as possible.
Tags:facebook, terminate
Reply Up