Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh My! It's Going To Be An Early Naptime Today!
sahm2three 08:47 AM 09-11-2012
The kids are driving me batty! They seem incapable of playing. And "why" is the word for the day!!! We were coloring a US flag today (in rememberence without talking about the significance of the day, they are only toddlers and preschoolers afterall), and they would take a color out of the box and ask me what color it was, and I would ask them to tell me, and they would ask why. I would tell them because I know my colors and want to see if you know yours. They would guess and either be right or wrong, and if they were wrong I would tell them what color it was and they would then ask WHY it was that color!!! OH my! They keep asking me what I am doing, even if they know what I am doing. Then there is the where is mom question. It is going to take all of my patience to get to nap time today!!! I just had to grab my ear buds and have one in so I can drown out some of the repetition.
Happy Hearts 09:30 AM 09-11-2012
I bought 5 fairies that I put up in various places around my daycare (inaccessible to the kids) for just this reason. Whenever I feel bored, tired, cranky, impatient, or negative, I look at one to remind me that this should be a magical place for the kids. It helps me get back into that special space, even if only temporarily.
sahm2three 09:35 AM 09-11-2012
Hmmm...but what does that have to do with the kids being crazy? Cute idea, but it wasn't so much me as it was the kids driving me bonkers.
sahm2three 09:54 AM 09-11-2012
Sorry, not meaning to sound snarky.
DaisyMamma 09:55 AM 09-11-2012
My kids were INSANE this morning. Total chaos. Crying, hitting, pushing, taking eachothers toys, crazy. It is now naptime here and I'm blessed with silence I did not even put on the music because I just need to sit and listen to the bird outside singing for a while.
I really feel for you. I also have a kid who is constantly asking why. I just ignore him.
Go outside and have everyone run around until nap.
sharlan 09:59 AM 09-11-2012
I already put 2 down for their naps.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:03 AM 09-11-2012
Mine were "full of fits" this morning too!! Not an early naptime though because my food program lady showed up May they all sleep for a long time today!
Lilbutterflie 10:04 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Sparrow:
I bought 5 fairies that I put up in various places around my daycare (inaccessible to the kids) for just this reason. Whenever I feel bored, tired, cranky, impatient, or negative, I look at one to remind me that this should be a magical place for the kids. It helps me get back into that special space, even if only temporarily.
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Hmmm...but what does that have to do with the kids being crazy? Cute idea, but it wasn't so much me as it was the kids driving me bonkers.
I think she was saying that when the kids are being crazy and driving her bonkers; she looks at the fairies to remind her that she is supposed to make their experience with her a magical one. It inspires her to get rid of the crankiness and be patient with the kids.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:05 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Sparrow:
I have 2 squirrels on top of doorways!! I move them around. Sometimes I go- "look squirrel!" and all my kids start looking for the squirrel.
daycare 08:29 PM 09-11-2012
omg 8 OUT OF 10 TODAY WERE nuts.....I swear I could have used a pair of ear plugs today. It was like today was monday instead of tuesday.

We had an early nap time today.
SquirrellyMama 09:04 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I have 2 squirrels on top of doorways!! I move them around. Sometimes I go- "look squirrel!" and all my kids start looking for the squirrel.
Oh, I love this idea. I may try this. We have had a rough morning and that would be an excellent way to break up the crankies (the kids' and mine )

K
momma2girls 09:12 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
Oh, I love this idea. I may try this. We have had a rough morning and that would be an excellent way to break up the crankies (the kids' and mine )

K
Hello fellow Iowan!!!
Reply Up