Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Question
Little Star75 09:06 AM 04-11-2013
I have a daycare Facebook page with all my dck photos and post daily updates for parents. I have written permission from parents to post photos of their children.
My question is, should I remove all photos from the family I recently term'd?
blandino 09:14 AM 04-11-2013
I wouldn't go through all that trouble, if you had written permission. I hi k that would be enough. I had a private blog where I poste pictures, and while I took the parents off the list of who could view (once their two week notice was up) - but never took down the pictures of their son.
Starburst 11:57 AM 04-11-2013
One of my ECE teachers made a comment that the pictures of the children in the Child Development center were of kids who hadn't been there in years and that it's better to keep pictures as current as possible because kids like to be able to point out a familiar face compared to kids they don't know well or never met.

If the site is also used for advertisement and you have permission than I wouldn't unless the parents request it. If there are other kids in those pictures than I probably wouldn't but once those kids leave I would. I think for the most part technically when you terminate their contract you terminate their permission slips as well. Just like if their child aged out and they came back years later with a new child, they have to sign all new paperwork.
Crystal 12:21 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
One of my ECE teachers made a comment that the pictures of the children in the Child Development center were of kids who hadn't been there in years and that it's better to keep pictures as current as possible because kids like to be able to point out a familiar face compared to kids they don't know well or never met.

If the site is also used for advertisement and you have permission than I wouldn't unless the parents request it. If there are other kids in those pictures than I probably wouldn't but once those kids leave I would. I think for the most part technically when you terminate their contract you terminate their permission slips as well. Just like if their child aged out and they came back years later with a new child, they have to sign all new paperwork.
LOL! Isn't it great how the CDC's at the colleges tend to NOT represent what is actually being taught in the college classroom? This is what part of my thesis is about. It drives me insane that they cannot practice and model DAP....ya know, what students are being taught in their coursework.

Out of curiosity, which college do you attend?
Crazy8 12:24 PM 04-11-2013
If you have their written permission form in your file then I wouldn't bother.
Starburst 10:52 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
LOL! Isn't it great how the CDC's at the colleges tend to NOT represent what is actually being taught in the college classroom? This is what part of my thesis is about. It drives me insane that they cannot practice and model DAP....ya know, what students are being taught in their coursework.

Out of curiosity, which college do you attend?
Gavilan

But yeah, one of my teachers is also the director of the preschool program and last semester during student observations some of the staff got in trouble because some students observed that they weren't eating lunch with the kids like they were supposed to (it's supposed to be a part of modeling healthy eating habits/table manners). From what I hear the center is going down hill,they used to care for kids 1-5 years with 5 rooms and have been closing down rooms every semester for a few years. They closed down another preschool room this semester and only have one preschool room left and only 2 teachers left but their contracts are almost expired so next semester they may not even have a preschool/child care program- a lot of non-CD students have dropped classes because they no longer accept certain age groups and couldn't find affordable health care else where.
Brooksie 09:07 AM 04-12-2013
If they have already given you permission then I wouldn't waste your time and energy going through and deleting things. Just don't post any more recent pics of them if they're still in your camera.
Crystal 01:28 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
Gavilan

But yeah, one of my teachers is also the director of the preschool program and last semester during student observations some of the staff got in trouble because some students observed that they weren't eating lunch with the kids like they were supposed to (it's supposed to be a part of modeling healthy eating habits/table manners). From what I hear the center is going down hill,they used to care for kids 1-5 years with 5 rooms and have been closing down rooms every semester for a few years. They closed down another preschool room this semester and only have one preschool room left and only 2 teachers left but their contracts are almost expired so next semester they may not even have a preschool/child care program- a lot of non-CD students have dropped classes because they no longer accept certain age groups and couldn't find affordable health care else where.
Okay....there ya go. Your college teacher is also the director of the center that DOESN'T do what is being taught in the classroom???? That wouldn't fly with me and I'd call her out on it.
AmyKidsCo 08:27 PM 04-16-2013
ITA with everyone else; as long as you have permission I wouldn't remove the photos. I have photos from on my website that are from 8 years ago. It would be a MAJOR pain to remove all of those and replace them with new ones every time there was turnover in my program.
Starburst 10:15 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Okay....there ya go. Your college teacher is also the director of the center that DOESN'T do what is being taught in the classroom???? That wouldn't fly with me and I'd call her out on it.
There are lots of students that had called the preschool teachers out on things they weren't doing right. I was not part of the group that observed in that class room those where classmates of mine and they told the professor and the professor told the director because they wasn't aware of it. And it got to the point where the Pre-K teachers were starting get angry during student observations because they were afraid that they would be criticized again.
MarinaVanessa 06:37 AM 04-17-2013
My photo consent form specifically says that once consent is given it cannot be revoked. It's the same legal wording that you would have if you give consent for an article photo for a newspaper or magazine.
Tags:facebook, photos
Reply Up