Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attendance Records
amberrose3dg 09:13 AM 08-03-2017
Hey everyone,
I have a question. I'm waiting on licensing to get back to me but thought I'd ask you guys first while I wait. I have a parent that is going through a custody battle. The mom is my client. Dad emailed me today for attendance records. Do i have to give those to him? I figured I did but dont know if I would get in trouble if I did.
amberrose3dg 09:31 AM 08-03-2017
Let me be clear they currently have 50/50 week on and week off. They live in different states. He attends only on her custody time and not the dad's. I am not sure if that makes a difference. I know legally he cannot pick up the child from here on her time unless there is an emergency or she allows it.
Blackcat31 09:40 AM 08-03-2017
NO. Your records are yours. You don't even have to provide those to mom. Obviously she does know when child attended but your records are just that. YOUR records.

I would personally not agree to provide ANY information unless an attorney has legally requested them.

I do NOT involve myself in any custody issues as I can't say one way or another what type of parent a parent is or isn't only seeing them during drop off and pick up each day.

So unless I get a court order requiring me to attend a court hearing, I have NOTHING to do with parent issues between the their family members.
amberrose3dg 09:51 AM 08-03-2017
Thanks. I was hoping to hear that! This guy is very smug. He is fighting her simply over child support. I do not want to be involved with this at all! attendance records have zero impact on anything and I feel like it's his way of being a prick. Neither one of their custody will be determined by my records.
amberrose3dg 10:32 AM 08-03-2017
I suspect it is because maybe he wants to see what he attends versus pays as she is probably requesting he pays a portion of the daycare costs. I don't know and licensing doesn't even know what's legal.
hwichlaz 10:35 AM 08-03-2017
I'll happily provide copies of a child's record to the person I'm under contract with. All other people need to furnish me with a court order.
Cat Herder 10:51 AM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I suspect it is because maybe he wants to see what he attends versus pays as she is probably requesting he pays a portion of the daycare costs. I don't know and licensing doesn't even know what's legal.
Maybe, but it could also be to see how much time the child spends in daycare vs with his other parent. Maybe what he really wants is more time with his child. First right of refusal and what not. It is just as likely that Mom is refusing Dad time with his kid to get more child support. Women do it everyday.
Tags:child advocate, childs rights, custody issues, fathers rights
Reply Up