Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Makes Me Mad
countrymom 11:17 AM 12-08-2010
so today was my ydd's christmas concert at 1pm so we drive to the school, and we have to drive by dcb's house, but mom's not home, hmmm thats weird because she works midnights, you would think she would be sleeping, well on the way back at 2pm she still wasn't home. So I'm thinking that she had the day off and didn't bother telling me (thats nice incase of emergency) BUT WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY IS, that I took dec 23 and 24 off and she made such a big stink in my kitchen yesterday (dh saw the whole thing)but its ok for her to have have today off. I know that I get paid, but my issue is that if I ask for it off I don't want to hear about how you need to find alternate care and blah blah, but its she can take off whenever. I'm so glad this family is gone next september but this mother drives me nuts.
jen 11:20 AM 12-08-2010
People are SO bizarre! Do they really think we are just going to work, work, work and never take a day off! The level of self centeredness some people display is just sad.
countrymom 11:33 AM 12-08-2010
your right, I think some parents think I should never take a day off, I should be at their beckon call, wait till I tell dh.
Unregistered 06:40 PM 12-08-2010
In some jobs, vacation time isn't allotted all at once, you have to accrue time. Is it possible she either had limited vacation time or that was trying to use up a vacation day that she had to "use or lose" before the end of the year? If she signed up for a vacation day today before she realized you were planning to take a couple of days off, too, she might have been upset because she knew she wouldn't have any vacation time left to cover your time off. Not your problem and she shouldn't have made a big stink about it but this may explain why she was upset - or maybe not. Just throwing it out there.
Tags:christmas, day off
Reply Up