Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So How'd The Parties Go?
SilverSabre25 12:14 PM 10-31-2011
Man, I put my kids down for nap almost an hour early today and they are STILL asleep! This is a three hour nap for them!

It must be the Halloween party this morning and all the wild 'n crazy stuff we did--like ghost bowling and freeze dancing. Man, if they're going to crash like this after the morning we had, I'll have a party every day! It wasn't much harder than normal. They didn't even eat a whole lot of lunch--although the hotdog spiders were a HUGE hit, as were the marshmallows out of the monster mouths

SO how'd your parties go?
dave4him 12:17 PM 10-31-2011
No party here... went for a two hour walk that did the trick for the little ones
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 10-31-2011
We started out the day doing tie-dyed Halloween T-shirts! Fun but really messy!!
Then we made pumpkin shaped rice krispie treats, made handprint bats, played a few party games and then ate lunch.

I layed my kiddos down at regular time but NO ONE slept...not even for a minute, so I let them all get up at 2:00 and they are all playing now but they all look a little punch-drunk on festivities......

Hope this is not a precursor to tomorrow! I'd love to give in and have a quiet movie day.....but that won't happen. We don't have a TV.
blueclouds29 01:01 PM 10-31-2011
No party here. Too young still to have a party. Maybe next year!
sharlan 01:36 PM 10-31-2011
No party here, either. We're going to have a party tonight.

I may let my 8 yo carve an extra pumpkin we have when he gets home from school. I bought him a pumpkin last Tues at the pumpkin patch. His dad carved it himself last night and wouldn't let the kid help.
Cat Herder 02:01 PM 10-31-2011
No party....

I only had one DCK.

There was a parade and festival somewhere....
Michelle 02:07 PM 10-31-2011
No party, we just are going to have cupcakes later when the older kids get home, we did the pumpkin patch last week, took awesome pictures and made frames, we kinda go crazy at Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I am just not into all the evil decorations and stuff. I am not against anyone that is...
KEG123 02:07 PM 10-31-2011
We didn't do a party, mondays are just my 3year old and almost 2yo dcb.
daycare 02:21 PM 10-31-2011
We started our day with some dancing, ghost screams and pass the pumpkin. We measured pumpkins with measuring tapes, yarn and string to see who had the largest pumpkin.

We then made 36 cup cakes, walked them down to our Fire Dept. to treat all the fire fighters. It's just down the street from my home. I got candy for my eyes, the kids got candies for their buckets....lol

I must be nuts.. I took 6 kids alone to our downtown for us to pass out goodie bags with some candy and my business info. in them. All of the business that we went into were excited to see the kids and gave some candy in return. It is about 85 degrees outside and we all melted. Everyone had on costumes that would have been perfect for cold weather. So none of them made it back awake to the house. I carried all of them in asleep and had to put them on their mats...

I am done working out for the day...lol
wdmmom 04:53 PM 10-31-2011
After today...I'm really considering NOT having Halloween parties anymore. Our party was scheduled for this afternoon.

This morning was spent playing and learning and prepping.

I made vanilla pudding and dyed it orange. No one and I mean NO ONE touched it! I made cupcakes and sent them home. I sent home a small bag of goodies. We did our costume party and in the midst of taking pictures, my 2 yo DCB went into a conniption fit for absolutely no reason. He remained whiny the remainder of the afternoon which made for a crappy party.

I really think the work that goes into making these parties great is getting to be too much...along with the added expense.

I think Christmas will include having our "Christmas dinner" and sending home small gifts with each child.

I think the parties are going to be limited. I think we'll still do something a little fun on Valentines Day, have our Easter baskets at Easter and do Halloween and the heck with the rest.
awestbrook713 05:26 PM 10-31-2011
I hope to be busy enough to do something awesome like this with the kids, you all are so creative.
Christina72684 05:41 PM 10-31-2011
I don't mean to brag, but our's was awesome! We've only been opened 4 months, so this was our first party and first big event (well after going on our first field trip 2 weeks ago). We had our party Friday 5-7pm. We usually close at 6pm, but we thought it would be nice to stay open an hour later for the parents that usually pick up around 6. Just about all the families brought something in (cupcakes, cookies, brownies, drinks, etc) and we had more than we needed. There are still TONS of leftovers!

We had kids ages 3months-5years, so it was difficult finding games for everyone, so the 3-5yr olds played games while the rest of the kids visited with their families. We played Straw the Spider (using a bendy straw try to pick up those spider rings and see how many can be picked up at once), Ring Toss with Hula Hoops and pumpkins, Ghost Hunt (hid suckers around the yard that look like ghosts), had a pumpkin pinata, and listened to Halloween music.

Everyone came that said they would, and altogether we had 35 people show up! I think everyone had fun and would have stayed till 7pm if it didn't get so cold so quickly. Everyone was gone by 6:30, but with little kids I think 1 1/2hrs was plenty (and we had our assistants till 7pm so they helped clean up which was nice).

We are thrilled it went so well and even though I forgot to get a group pic I did take lots of pics of all the kids dressed up! Can't wait till next year!
Meyou 02:27 AM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
After today...I'm really considering NOT having Halloween parties anymore. Our party was scheduled for this afternoon.

This morning was spent playing and learning and prepping.

I made vanilla pudding and dyed it orange. No one and I mean NO ONE touched it! I made cupcakes and sent them home. I sent home a small bag of goodies. We did our costume party and in the midst of taking pictures, my 2 yo DCB went into a conniption fit for absolutely no reason. He remained whiny the remainder of the afternoon which made for a crappy party.

I really think the work that goes into making these parties great is getting to be too much...along with the added expense.

I think Christmas will include having our "Christmas dinner" and sending home small gifts with each child.

I think the parties are going to be limited. I think we'll still do something a little fun on Valentines Day, have our Easter baskets at Easter and do Halloween and the heck with the rest.
I don't go crazy and I find it works well. The kids still have tons of fun and I don't stress. Our party this year was costumes, a spooky dance party (dancing with music) and pin the spider on the web (with no blindfolds but still with spinning so they walk silly). It took 45 minutes at the end of the day and they had so much fun. I made cupcakes and they ate them at the end. I also did non candy treat bags with some little halloween toys I got at the dollar store. I spend $7 and made 25 treatbags. Most were for dd to take to school.

We went to a halloween puppet show at the library on Wed so we had a bit of a halloween themed week.
Tags:halloween, halloween - party
Reply Up