Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Do you celebrate/recognize Halloween?
No. 2 9.52%
I recognize it, but no parties/candy give-aways/etc. 2 9.52%
I do with my own children, but not my dcks. 2 9.52%
We go all out for Halloween. 15 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did/Do You Do Halloween?
Hunni Bee 06:56 PM 10-31-2011
We don't celebrate or recognize Halloween (or really any other holiday except Christmas and Easter) at our center...still we had a parent insist on bringing candy bags (we don't do candy either). We told her again when she arrived with them...she insisted on leaving them...her son is in the two-year-old class, mind you. We of course did not distribute them...later, when I opened one, it had smooth, oblong hard candy in it! For two year olds! So glad we dodged that bullet....
sharlan 09:45 PM 10-31-2011
I've done a few arts and crafts with the kids. We carved pumpkins last night with the grandkids and I carved one today with a dcb.

Knowing we were having a party tonight, I didn't do anything with the littles. I had taken them to their preschool party on Fri.

The dcb had a party at school today.
Meyou 02:14 AM 11-01-2011
I LOOOOOOOOOVE halloween. I decorate more than Christmas and it's my favorite holiday. I stayed home and gave out candy last night but my dh dressed up as a werewolf and went out as dd2's minion with a huge chain around his neck. So fun!

I did a party Friday for the dck's because most of them weren't here yesterday.
themoorethemerrier 05:42 AM 11-01-2011
I took my girls to my hub's workplace to TOT when they were toddlers. We haven't gone since and no one misses it.

I think I'm more annoyed by the commercialization of Halloween than I am of it's pagan origins.

We do a focus on the harvest season instead.
Tags:halloween, poll
Reply Up