Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic..Have You Ever Sold a House Privately?
littlemommy 09:21 AM 04-18-2012
Our house is almost ready to go on the market, just finishing up a couple little projects first. We are hoping to sell privately but don't really know the process. We need to write up a seller's disclosure, then can we start advertising and showing? Do we wait to find a lawyer until we have someone interested?
Meeko 09:34 AM 04-18-2012
I've had several friends do it. One couple said it was great and saved them a ton. Another family said it was a nightmare and they will never, ever do it again!!!!

So I would just suggest doing lots of homework...ask who has done it and go from there! Looks like you are already on the "ask around" task!
Live and Learn 09:35 AM 04-18-2012
We sold our home by ourselves 12 years ago. My husband and I both have experience in high end sales. Not real estate though. We did not use a lawyer. We bought legal real estate sales documents at Office Depot. The buyers used a lawyer. We had no problems at all. The real estate market back then was HOT! We sold the house in just a couple of months for full price. We were fortunate because there was a couple of houses listed with realtors on our street. One was directly across the street. After we sold our house we bought our current house without a realtor too. Good luck.
wdmmom 09:35 AM 04-18-2012
My parents did it. They hired an attorney after a decided purchase agreement and amount was reached.
AmyLeigh 01:37 PM 04-18-2012
We have sold and purchased homes privately. A good title company will help you with all the needed documents. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
Sunchimes 03:01 PM 04-18-2012
Have you looked at www.forsalebyowner.com? I think you have to buy some sort of package, but they offer a lot of guidance. You pick the package based on the amount of help you want I think.

We had some friends use them, or maybe it was someone like them, and they were pleased.
Reply Up