Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-in Care Policy
LadyPearl 09:15 AM 02-18-2014
Hello,
Just curious what you all have for a drop-in care policy. I will be meeting with a family next week that is looking for drop-in care. Dcm will be a substitute teacher but I am unsure of the frequency. I was wondering if anyone has a minimum amount or minimum days per month required for something like this??? I was thinking of saying money is due each morning at drop-off and I must have the kids (or be paid) for a certain number of days per month to continue with such an agreement. Is this reasonable?
MarinaVanessa 10:08 AM 02-18-2014
To me drop-in means pay "at-will" so I wouldn't have a minimum requirement for drop-in clients to attend but if you want to suggest something like this to your client then by all means do so.

As far as drop-in policies go ... my DI clients sign a contract specific to drop-in care, must follow all of my regular policies just like FT and PT clients and pay at drop-off. I have a flat daily rate or an hourly rate but have a minimum charge of four hours. My DI clients also understand that a spot isn't guaranteed.

If you decide to require a minimum of days a month they must attend you could always provide them with a guaranteed spot as long as they schedule their days in advance.
butterfly 10:18 AM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
To me drop-in means pay "at-will" so I wouldn't have a minimum requirement for drop-in clients to attend but if you want to suggest something like this to your client then by all means do so.

As far as drop-in policies go ... my DI clients sign a contract specific to drop-in care, must follow all of my regular policies just like FT and PT clients and pay at drop-off. I have a flat daily rate or an hourly rate but have a minimum charge of four hours. My DI clients also understand that a spot isn't guaranteed.

If you decide to require a minimum of days a month they must attend you could always provide them with a guaranteed spot as long as they schedule their days in advance.

melilley 12:10 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by MV:

Same here, except that I only have a flat daily rate for up to 10 hours per day. I don't do hourly (maybe I should though).
TheGoodLife 07:55 PM 02-18-2014
I have the same contract as my other families, just w/o such things like deposit and termination notice. I do say I require 48 hr. notice to cancel a day or it is still a paid day. I only do a flat daily rate, no hourly or 1/2 day.
Reply Up