Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holidays and Vacations.....
MissAnn 07:01 AM 01-14-2011
I am changing my policies. I want to take a vacation time off between Christmas and New Years. The parents will pay 1/2 price. My problem is that I already take Christmas eve, day and New Years day off at full price. I don't want to make the entire time 1/2 price since I will be losing out on some full Holiday pay. Can anyone help me? Let me know how you handle this?
momma2girls 08:12 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by kareng:
I am changing my policies. I want to take a vacation time off between Christmas and New Years. The parents will pay 1/2 price. My problem is that I already take Christmas eve, day and New Years day off at full price. I don't want to make the entire time 1/2 price since I will be losing out on some full Holiday pay. Can anyone help me? Let me know how you handle this?
I gave all my teacher's children a break this yr. I offered Spring Break/Winter Break at 1/2 off. I don't have this in my contract, I just decided to offer it to them, as an extra incentive. The only thing is you have to say the Holidays are paid at full price. SO this yr. they paid 3 days at 1/2 price, and 2 days full as they were the Holidays(New Year's Eve and Day)
MissAnn 08:58 AM 01-14-2011
I used to give teacher's kids 1/2 price for their breaks....but this will be the last year. They get a total of 4 weeks in breaks (not counting summer) which at 1/2 price equals 2 free weeks. My other parents don't get that. I've been saving spots for teacher's during the summer at no cost too. That too will come to an end. I have had a lot of teacher's kids and I came to one conclusion......they make me poor! lol. I'm trying to make new policies that keeps everyone the same.
MissAnn 09:01 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
The only thing is you have to say the Holidays are paid at full price. SO this yr. they paid 3 days at 1/2 price, and 2 days full as they were the Holidays(New Year's Eve and Day)
Is this what you did? Sounds good to me......just a little confusing. I am going to get in the habit of sending invoices (MMK) ahead of time so on "strange" weeks they will know what to pay.
momma2girls 11:33 AM 01-14-2011
THis is what I do- 1-2 weeks before the Winter Break, between Xmas and New year's I gave them each a note- saying 3 days @_____ and the 2 Holidays @ reg. rate_________ I didn't have any of them complain- how can they I am giving them a break- I know if I didn't give them a break, I would have at least one family bring their child here all during her break!!! For the Summer, I actually changed my contract this yr. As one of my families gave me a 2 week dep. to hold her spot here for the 8-9 weeks off. Then 2 weeks before school began I emailed her, and I didn't hear anything from them, so I called her wondering what day she wanted to start back on. She tells me"Didn't you get our message" I said "What message" my best friend's daycare has an opening now, and so we are going there instead. I though Thanks alot!! I turned away so many, because of your infant coming back here!! So needless to say now- I say 2 weeks, plus 2 weeks(the 2nd 2 weeks will go towards their 1st 2 weeks of daycare when starting back up) I hope 4 weeks will keep them here and be serious about it!!! We will see what happens this summer with all of mine.
Tags:holidays, vacation
Reply Up