Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Think This is Too Much Time Off?
momofboys 06:33 AM 06-22-2010
My new family consists of a mom who is a nurse & also goes to schoolp art-time & a dad who works for the state & likely has many holiday days off. Do you think I am asking for too much time off? I do not ask for payment when I am closed or for holidays. If you were the parent would this seem like too much? Here's my time off for 2010-2011 school year:

Provider's time off:

Provider will be closed the following days for the 2010-2011 school year. If you are not off work on these dates (some are holidays), please make advance arrangements for back-up childcare. I do not require payment on days that I choose to be closed or days I close because of illness in my family. On weeks with holidays/vacation days I will pro-rate your weekly fees.

Holidays:

Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day & the Friday after
December 24th (Friday) - December 29th (Wed)
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
President's Day
Memorial Day
July 4th

Vacation Days:

October 14th, 2010 & October 15th, 2010 (Thursday & Friday)
I will take 2-3 days off over my children's spring break (typically this falls at the end of March/early April, I will let you know the exact dates by January 2011)
I will be closed @ 1 1/2 weeks in July, 2011 (more than likely July 11th-20th, 2011)
jen 07:00 AM 06-22-2010
Nope, sounds fair to me! Especially since you aren't charging...
misol 07:02 AM 06-22-2010
I don't think so. I have 12 paid holidays, 5 paid sick/personal days, and I allow myself 3 weeks unpaid vacation.

I have been in business since September and have only taken 5 vacation days so far. I am taking a week off in July and will probably extend my Labor Day weekend but that's it. Even if I don't take the vacation days, I like to have the option to do so. You never know what might come up.
tymaboy 07:02 AM 06-22-2010
I take 10 paid holidays then I have it written in the policy that I can take up to 4 weeks vacation during the yr which is not paid. I have yet to take the full 4 weeks off but I have it in case I need to use it. I also let them atleast 2 weeks in advance when I take time off. I try to give them more then 2 weeks but that does not always happen.
Tags:holidays, time off
Reply Up