Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inappropriate Parent Behavior
Bib3881 10:15 AM 02-07-2017
We are in the middle of a Lice issue. Sent a child home yesterday after finding several. Mom brought child back today, against policy, told her child had to be checked before she left. She stated child had been heckled and she saw nothing. Staff member checked and found more, removed from the child's head and showed mom so she could see. Mom took it off the staff members finger, flicked it across the room, went off on my staff member, cussing included. This was all within earshot of the preschool class.
This isn't the first incident with these parents and them refusing responsibility or reacting in this way. Advice?? I really want to terminate care at this point.
Reply
laundrymom 10:19 AM 02-07-2017
"Care is terminated immediately Due to absolutely inexcusable parental behavior."
Originally Posted by Bib3881:
We are in the middle of a Lice issue. Sent a child home yesterday after finding several. Mom brought child back today, against policy, told her child had to be checked before she left. She stated child had been heckled and she saw nothing. Staff member checked and found more, removed from the child's head and showed mom so she could see. Mom took it off the staff members finger, flicked it across the room, went off on my staff member, cussing included. This was all within earshot of the preschool class.
This isn't the first incident with these parents and them refusing responsibility or reacting in this way. Advice?? I really want to terminate care at this point.

Reply
daycarediva 10:21 AM 02-07-2017
Adios, that SECOND. OUT, NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Psycho. (also, ew.)
Reply
Sumshine 10:39 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Adios, that SECOND. OUT, NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Psycho. (also, ew.)
I literally LOL at this! I would lose it! Lice is so not my thing! My little sister used to bring it home every year when she was in middle school. I think I'm scarred for life because of it!

OP- it sounds like you're in a center. If this is the case have the director handle it. If you are not a center or you are the one in charge I would just politely be done and terminate care.
Reply
Blackcat31 10:47 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Bib3881:
We are in the middle of a Lice issue. Sent a child home yesterday after finding several. Mom brought child back today, against policy, told her child had to be checked before she left. She stated child had been heckled and she saw nothing. Staff member checked and found more, removed from the child's head and showed mom so she could see. Mom took it off the staff members finger, flicked it across the room, went off on my staff member, cussing included. This was all within earshot of the preschool class.
This isn't the first incident with these parents and them refusing responsibility or reacting in this way. Advice?? I really want to terminate care at this point.
If you have the authority to terminate, my question is why haven't you?
Reply
lovemydaycare0912 10:47 AM 02-07-2017
I agree with others. Term.
Reply
Leigh 11:00 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If you have the authority to terminate, my question is why haven't you?
I would absolutely have termed on the spot.
Reply
DaveA 11:16 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I would absolutely have termed on the spot.
Exactly. If you have the authority to terminate care do it immediately. If not whoever does needs to now.
Reply
thrivingchildcarecom 11:34 AM 02-07-2017
TERMINATE! For sure!
Reply
Mandy 11:50 AM 02-08-2017
Go with your gut and term. You will find another client who will hopefully be more respectful than this one.
Reply
Tags:cussing, inappropriate behavior, parents
Reply Up