Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPS Truck Was Just Here!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:03 AM 06-08-2016
Yay! 2 boxes one with thirty one stuff. Second box was from amazon
I ordered
"The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum: Teaching Through Quality Care"
The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Family Companion (10-pack)
and
The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Developmental Assessment
Gearing up for Step Up to Quality rating. I will let you all know what I think of these.
Cat Herder 12:34 PM 06-10-2016
Be sure to get your specific rubric for environmental ratings scoring, approved curriculum offerings and training goals directly from your states website and an updated copy of FCCERS-R or some of those suggestions can cost you much needed points.

2 points cost me a full star last time.

I am starting over to get the last bit of financial offerings available for my DCK's before this, too, is turfed.
AmyKidsCo 01:31 PM 06-14-2016
How exciting! What did you get from ThirtyOne?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 01:44 PM 06-14-2016
I got the mini Cindy (so wanted - clearance 14.99) the "straw" bag... make up bag, key fob.

Yeah the 31 was fun for me!
AmyKidsCo 08:08 PM 06-14-2016
Fun!!!
momofsix 11:38 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
Yay! 2 boxes one with thirty one stuff. Second box was from amazon
I ordered
"The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum: Teaching Through Quality Care"
The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Family Companion (10-pack)
and
The Redleaf Family Child Care Curriculum Developmental Assessment
Gearing up for Step Up to Quality rating. I will let you all know what I think of these.
I know this post is SO old lol, but, what did you think of the Redleaf press curriculum? I was thinking about ordering it and can't really find much information on it.
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I know this post is SO old lol, but, what did you think of the Redleaf press curriculum? I was thinking about ordering it and can't really find much information on it.
I use it....well mostly just for the assessment portion but I do have the book too!

What are you needing to know about it?

I chose it because it was the most open ended curriculum I could find that still aligned with my state's approved curricula requirements for QRIS.
momofsix 07:59 PM 06-09-2018
Thanks for responding.
!. Do you like the assessments? Are they "natural" as far as not intruding with the natural flow of the kids' play?
I need an assessment tool and don't like the ones I've been doing-basically just making my own based on things I've found online. As of now we are not required to use them , but I'm sure that will be changing soon.
2. I've been doing my own "curriculum" for forever, but again, soon I'm sure I will need to have one approved by the state. I'm not a fan of most of the stuff I've seen out there at all. With most other curriculum I can find a sample online, or at least an outline; I have no idea what it's like. Themes, play based...?

The good thing, even if I'm not a fan, it's pretty cheap!
Thanks for any information
Tags:qris, quality, ratings, star program, stars
Reply Up