Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Have To Tell My Current DCF That A New Child Is Starting?
Breezy 04:48 PM 01-23-2012
13 month old dcg is starting tomorrow. Do I have to tell my other dcf?
WImom 05:21 PM 01-23-2012
They'll figure it out sooner or later. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to tell them?
Breezy 05:29 PM 01-23-2012
No not at all, quite the opposite. I want to tell them but don't want to violate the new family's privacy.
mac60 05:31 PM 01-23-2012
I don't tell my families if I am taking on another family, as long as I am staying under the guidelines, not really anyone's business but mine.
jojosmommy 05:50 PM 01-23-2012
Nope. Doesn't help anyone and then people get nosey. They will figure it out.
Crazy8 06:25 PM 01-23-2012
you certainly don't have to make a point to tell them ahead of time if you didn't want to but I would introduce the new little one when parents see them. But I guess even that depends on the size of your group, I only take up to 5 kids so a new addition is pretty obvious around here. I also use my FB page for that stuff, like "new baby enjoyed his first day, etc."
Breezy 08:09 PM 01-23-2012
My other dcf is part time and mostly weekends. She is 5 months old. The only time this week they will see eachother is Friday when I have new dcg and her preschool age brother (inservice day-he has no school). It will be way obvious but I dont want to shock her. But at the same time this is a daycare, im not just her babysitter so it shouldnt suprise her.
Cat Herder 06:25 AM 01-24-2012
I usually do a "Welcome" theme for a new enrollment.

My clients would EXPECT to be told.

Here, transitioning a new child would alter the dynamics of the group so a heads up would be appropriate.

Transitions can be very difficult and unpredictable for some kids.

I only offer full-time, Monday-Friday, though.
Sunshine44 07:46 AM 01-24-2012
I used to tell my families, now I don't. It isn't any of their business really. This is a daycare after all.
renodeb 08:10 AM 01-24-2012
When a new child starts I just introduce them, the other parents will figure it out soon enough.
Debbie
Tags:new child, new client, new family, new kid, parent notification
Reply Up