View Poll Results: Vice-Presidential Debate - Your Vote Today
Obama/Biden 24 50.00%
Romney/Ryan 24 50.00%
Other 0 0%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vice-Presidential Debate
Michael 11:51 AM 10-11-2012
As I mentioned in our first Presidential poll, I will be polling before each debate. It was interesting to see the numbers fluctuate and end up pretty close in our first poll. The great thing about our poll is only members can vote and only one time. There is no manipulation. Here is where the last poll currently stands. It will close in a couple days so if you have not voted there is still time to cast your vote. No names are attributed to your vote.

Today we have the Vice-Presidential debate and a new poll. I will close this new poll by next Tuesday before the 2nd Presidential debate. Opinions are welcome.
Kaddidle Care 12:32 PM 10-11-2012
Psst! You've got a typo in your title.

It's interesting to see how close it is here and elsewhere.
Michael 03:55 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Psst! You've got a typo in your title. It's interesting to see how close it is here and elsewhere.
I'm dyslexic at times. Thanks/fixed

I must say, are only republicans voting today? The numbers are 4 to 1.
Willow 06:52 PM 10-11-2012
I'd love to focus on what these two are saying but I can't get past the mocking and arrogance coming from Biden that is literally seeping through my tv screen and making me want to vomit.

He's either laughing or smirking condescendingly at everything he disagrees with Ryan on or he is interrupting the living pee out of every sentence.

The way he keeps speaking down to the moderator too....."I gave you a simple answer...." Other times he's dang near yelling at her as if she's some kind of moron who is insulting his mother

It's repulsive. He obviously has no clue how disgusting he's coming across.

God bless Ryan's decency or I'd have to shut this crap off.
Willow 07:25 PM 10-11-2012
Awesome closing question......
spud912 07:47 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
I'd love to focus on what these two are saying but I can't get past the mocking and arrogance coming from Biden that is literally seeping through my tv screen and making me want to vomit.

He's either laughing or smirking condescendingly at everything he disagrees with Ryan on or he is interrupting the living pee out of every sentence.

The way he keeps speaking down to the moderator too....."I gave you a simple answer...." Other times he's dang near yelling at her as if she's some kind of moron who is insulting his mother

Unregistered 09:39 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm dyslexic at times. Thanks/fixed

I must say, are only republicans voting today. The numbers are 4 to 1.

Hope thats the turn out on election day too; )
Michael 10:21 PM 10-11-2012

Here is my take. They both did a good job. Biden won the debate but lost it because of his facial expressions and arrogance. I hated the split screen tonight. Maybe I should have listened to it on the radio.
AnneCordelia 03:21 AM 10-12-2012
Biden was an interrupting cow but Ryan was like a condescending school boy. Biden won, IMO.
Sugar Magnolia 03:58 AM 10-12-2012
I watched it off and on.....but.....watching the Orioles beat the Yankees was far more interesting.
lovemykidstoo 04:28 AM 10-12-2012

I seriously wanted to bitch slap Biden. He was sooo rude. I was just wishing that Ryan would look at him and say, what the hell do you think is so funny. Do you think that the state of our country right now is hilarious? That's what I wanted to see happen. Biden is an ass.
Cat Herder 06:28 AM 10-12-2012
I think it is fair to say those two bring out the worst in each other.

It was painful to watch. I am sick to think of other countries leaders having watched that.

Childish. Is this really the cream of our crop??
Willow 07:07 AM 10-12-2012
Here is my take. They both did a good job. Biden won the debate but lost it because of his facial expressions and arrogance. I hated the split screen tonight. Maybe I should have listened to it on the radio.
At first I thought the same thing! But Biden's heinous laughter when Ryan was speaking about issues like Libya still would have been heard loud and clear and ultimately still overshadow everything he actually said. Without being able to see that his actual intent was merely to be dismissive I think that would have played off far worse than it actually did.

The daycare lady in me seriously came out while watching last night. Even though Biden had some interesting and valid things to say, he lost all credibility (and the rest of my attention) when he started acting like a tantruming toddler. That bi-polar, I don't have control over my emotions so I'm going to teeter-totter back and forth between finding hilarity in things that no sane adult ever would and near yelling and arguing with another adult for no real reason made me see him in the exact same way I see an out of control two year old.

For a grown man it would have been fine bar behavior. If they'd have met up down at a pub and had one or two........or eight?......but to be that up and down, at times right in the midst of some really serious discussion?

I wanted to sit him down on a time out and tell him he can return to the group when he could act his age......or pass him another beer as he was obviously far too drunk to understand the ramifications of his behavior.

That's how old he'll be next month.

I expected the second in command to be able to make his points and represent our country and his administration in a far more dignified manner. The latter was a big fat fail which really hindered his ability to accomplish the former.
Willow 07:09 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am sick to think of other countries leaders having watched that.

Nothing like further convincing the rest of the world that our country is indeed just a big fat joke.

Because that'll help us.............oh yeah, that's right, in no way shape or form.
youretooloud 09:00 AM 10-12-2012
I missed the entire thing. But, I saw a few highlights later on.

I thought (in the highlights) that Biden looked like a complete jerk with his smirk and attitude. He reminded me of that picture of WIlly WOnka that people keep using to make rude comments.

But, other than those very few highlights, I have no real opinion.
SunshineMama 10:06 AM 10-12-2012
I think Biden "won" the debate in the eyes of a lot of people because he was the most ostentatious. Ryan had a lot of things of substance to say but he was too quiet and reserved. I would have liked to see him a bit more aggressive. In still a Romney/Ryan supporter.
Sugar Magnolia 12:07 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I watched it off and on.....but.....watching the Orioles beat the Yankees was far more interesting.

No reaction from Michael on the Yankees slam? I argue baseball much better than politics.
Michael 01:34 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
No reaction from Michael on the Yankees slam? I argue baseball much better than politics.
I use to go to Yankee games in the Bronx all the time. Baseball is not what it use to be. But I'll give you a Bronx Cheer instead...
Happy Hearts 02:19 PM 10-12-2012
I watched the whole thing. It was interesting to watch the reaction graph at the bottom of the screen. Don't the candidates know by now that when you slam your opponent, the public doesn't like it? Canadian politicians are starting to do it now, too and I will NOT vote for someone who says anything nasty about another person.

Shouldn't they have enough to do explaining their platform and promoting their policies?
Sugar Magnolia 04:25 PM 10-12-2012
I use to go to Yankee games in the Bronx all the time. Baseball is not what it use to be. But I'll give you a Bronx Cheer instead...
Is that like the Bronx Salute? The Orioles spring train here......and anybody but the Yankees! I must admit, the Ibanez walk off home run the night before last was impressive, especially since it was a pinch hit for Arod.

Total hijack, sorry.
Kaddidle Care 07:23 AM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I think Biden "won" the debate in the eyes of a lot of people because he was the most ostentatious. Ryan had a lot of things of substance to say but he was too quiet and reserved. I would have liked to see him a bit more aggressive. In still a Romney/Ryan supporter.
I only saw the beginning but Ryan was polite and Biden was rude. That split screen showed me all I needed to see. What the heck was all that grinning and laughing about?

I loved the Twitter about "The only one winning was Biden's Dentist."
Tags:debate, political views, poll, president
Closed Thread Up