Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is You Daily Schedule?
Unregistered 01:21 PM 06-06-2011
Do you post it? What ages do you watch? How hard is it to stick to what you plan? Do you have an assistant?

I am just getting started and plan on caring for 0-6 yrs old. So far all the parents that interview want to see a written schedule of what their childs day will be. They also want to know how I juggle the age groups. Perhaps you guys would share your schedules so I try to plan one as well.

Thank you!
NiNi.R. 02:14 PM 06-06-2011
I have 8 kids..age ranges from 4 months to 6 years old and this is the schedule we go by and this is how I have posted in my parent handbook. Most of the time we stay on track. Every now and then though there are crazy days and things get skipped.

Like most family homes, ours routine can change from day to day.
6:30am- Children begin to arrive. During this time children will have an option to take a morning nap. Children who don’t nap are expected to sit and play quietly while the others sleep.
7:30am- Children will wake up, clean up beds, get dressed for the day, have a bathroom break, and get diapers changed*.
8:00am- Breakfast served followed by free play while kitchen is being cleaned up.
9:00am- Activity time (Tues. Wed. Thurs) Free play (Mon. Fri.)
9:45am- Bathroom break and diaper changes* followed with outdoor play. (weather permitting)
10:45am- Children will go back indoors for a bathroom break, diaper changes*, and free play while lunch is being prepared.
11:30am- Lunch served.
12:00pm- Quiet time. Usually children’s choice of TV program*. Followed by bathroom break* and diaper changes*.
12:30pm- Rest/ Nap time. All children are required to lay down and rest. This is my time to have a lunch break, clean, and do the required daycare paperwork.
2:30pm- Wake up, clean up beds, bathroom break, and diaper changes*.
3:00pm- Snacks served.
3:30pm- Bathroom break, diaper changes*, followed by outdoor play. (weather permitting)
5:00pm- Clean up, bathroom breaks, diaper changes*, and prepare for home.

*Television note: I do not mind the children watching some educational, entertaining shows that are age appropriate, however, I will limit the time they do spend watching. The television is mainly used as a transitional activity first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.

*Diaper Changes note: Children are checked during the specified times for wet and dirty diapers but will only be changed if necessary.
Michael 06:33 PM 06-06-2011
We've had this question asked a lot over the years. Here are a few more: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=schedule
Mom_of_two 08:29 PM 06-06-2011
I have scheduled meals and naps, but the rest is mostly child led. I have a small group (5 including my own 2.)

Breakfast if here by 740
Educational TV until friends arrive by 830 (then off the remainder of day)
babies nap 9-1030
project, learning activity, outside, baking -something with pre-k
then play til lunch (outside if nice)
lunch around 1130-1215
play
everyone naps 1-330 (I have one that leaves at 130 so is up, and the older might wake early and do some special learning activity, computer powerpoint with me or quiet play)
snack
play til pickup I close at 5.
dEHmom 07:50 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
I have 8 kids..age ranges from 4 months to 6 years old and this is the schedule we go by and this is how I have posted in my parent handbook. Most of the time we stay on track. Every now and then though there are crazy days and things get skipped.

Like most family homes, ours routine can change from day to day.
6:30am- Children begin to arrive. During this time children will have an option to take a morning nap. Children who don’t nap are expected to sit and play quietly while the others sleep.
7:30am- Children will wake up, clean up beds, get dressed for the day, have a bathroom break, and get diapers changed*.
8:00am- Breakfast served followed by free play while kitchen is being cleaned up.
9:00am- Activity time (Tues. Wed. Thurs) Free play (Mon. Fri.)
9:45am- Bathroom break and diaper changes* followed with outdoor play. (weather permitting)
10:45am- Children will go back indoors for a bathroom break, diaper changes*, and free play while lunch is being prepared.
11:30am- Lunch served.
12:00pm- Quiet time. Usually children’s choice of TV program*. Followed by bathroom break* and diaper changes*.
12:30pm- Rest/ Nap time. All children are required to lay down and rest. This is my time to have a lunch break, clean, and do the required daycare paperwork.
2:30pm- Wake up, clean up beds, bathroom break, and diaper changes*.
3:00pm- Snacks served.
3:30pm- Bathroom break, diaper changes*, followed by outdoor play. (weather permitting)
5:00pm- Clean up, bathroom breaks, diaper changes*, and prepare for home.

*Television note: I do not mind the children watching some educational, entertaining shows that are age appropriate, however, I will limit the time they do spend watching. The television is mainly used as a transitional activity first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.

*Diaper Changes note: Children are checked during the specified times for wet and dirty diapers but will only be changed if necessary.
wow this is sooooo different than mine!

my own kids ages 3 and 5
dcb's 13 & 14 months

630 arrival, play till breakfast time
730 breakfast, clean up, get dressed for my kids, get ready for school
830 dck's down for nap
sometime around 10-1030 wake up very small snack then play time usually outside
11:30 lunch time then play outside again if able to
12:30 to 1 pm kids down for nap
230 kids up, snack play till 3:15 (if they are still here)
315 load up in van, head to school to pick up kids
345 back home play outside if nice out or play inside until pick up
530 supper time

diaper changes are done around 8:25 if needed (sometimes kids arrive closer to nap time so they have a fresh one, although all my dck's always poop within 10 minutes of arrival). then again right when they wake up, sometimes midway through a nap. then before nap, and after nap in the pm, then right before departure. i check them regularly, but and if they poop they get a change which could change the changing schedule.

crafts and other activities, going to park etc, is during one of the designated play times. because i only have dc babies they dont' care about the crafts yet. they are starting to get to enjoy small crafts, but they'd rather run around.
SandeeAR 09:15 AM 06-07-2011
My schedule is posted here:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30885
WImom 12:57 PM 06-07-2011
7:00-8:30 - arrival for some, breakfast, free play
8:30-9:15 - Potty Breaks, clean up, Outside
9:15-9:30 - Am snack (last kids arrive)
9:30-9:45 - Free Play, clean up
9:45-10:00 - Circle Time
10:00-10:30 - Arts and Crafts, group time
10:30-11:00 - Free Play clean up, potty breaks
11:00-11:30 - Outside
11:30-12:00 - TV Time (While I make lunch)
12:00-12:30 - Lunch
12:30-12:50 - Potty Breaks, 'read' quietly on mats, Storytime
12:50-3:10 - Nap
3:10-3:30 - put away nap mats, potty breaks
3:30-3:45 -pm snack
3:45-4:30 - Free Play, Outside

*Days we don't go outside due to weather we do music and movement and/or free play
Ariana 05:20 PM 06-07-2011
I'm only open in the AM until 1:30pm but i'll give you my schedule as well. I include a sample "daily activities" in my contract and then add a disclaimer that it is subject to change based on weather and childrens interests.

7:45 - doors open

8:30am - AM snack and free play

9:00am - Art activity or music and movement

9:30am - Outside or free play inside

10:30am - Circle time

10:50am - Wash up for lunch

11am - we go upstairs and the kids watch a 15 min show while I prepare lunch

11:15am - Lunch is served

12pm - Nap and quiet time until 1:30.
Abigail 07:19 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you post it? What ages do you watch? How hard is it to stick to what you plan? Do you have an assistant?

I am just getting started and plan on caring for 0-6 yrs old. So far all the parents that interview want to see a written schedule of what their childs day will be. They also want to know how I juggle the age groups. Perhaps you guys would share your schedules so I try to plan one as well.

Thank you!
I will not post mine here because it's similiar to everyones already. I'm not open yet (just work in a group setting now) and when I open I will have it posted in my handouts and posted on the parent board inside my home. I'm going to create a picture version for the kids to follow along on the wall to learn the order of events with basic pictures and the time next to each. I will be open to 6 weeks-6 years or when they begin school with 7 kids total.

I would just be sure to let parents know sometime you'll have special days: field trips, swimming/sprinkler days, pajama/movie day, etc so don't expect every day to be followed to a T either. Sometimes we need to skip planned activities because the kids are having too much fun with free play and are very creative. Other days we do more than planned because we have a smaller group or sometimes none of our babies come to daycare and we can do more pre-k activities.

Being prepared to answer parents questions is sometimes tough. I would make a list of all the questions parents toss at you so you can be prepared when the next person asks. I would ask parents how they handle siblings if they have two or more kids and different ages because it is not much different with a few more kids on how to juggle them. The main part is that your home is SAFE for all ages at all times. Figure out what the parents are aiming at with their questions. Most of the time it's about safety and education and family values.
Tags:schedule, search function awesome, welcome newbie
Reply Up