Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Parents Won't Let Me Sunscreen Child
Jujube835 02:16 PM 08-05-2015
I have new parents that REFUSE to allow their 2.5yo dcb to wear sunscreen

They started Monday.

I sent home 2 sunscreen forms. One form at the interview and one form Monday. (must sign "medication consent form" before I can apply it to him). And I've reminded them about it at every drop off/pick up. Meanwhile I was keeping dcb in the shade.
Finally, this morning I put my foot down and demanded dcm sign the form before leaving. She fiiiinally decided to tell me that they don't wear it and will not allow me to sunscreen dcb. She says its harmful, full of chemicals and they just overall don't believe in it.

They prefer to only take dcb outside before 10am and after 4pm.. But "if you have to go outside in those hours just keep him shaded."

I'm livid. I told them at the interview we're outside nonstop. With all the recent sunburn at daycare drama I'm really nervous to move forward.

I want to term.. But they're wonderful otherwise. Dcb is great. I'm just in shock.

Am I liable if dcb burns? Is there some kind of waiver I can make her sign?Grrrrr.
Baby Beluga 02:20 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Jujube835:

They started Monday.

I sent home 2 sunscreen forms. One form at the interview and one form Monday. (must sign "medication consent form" before I can apply it to him). And I've reminded them about it at every drop off/pick up. Meanwhile I was keeping dcb in the shade.
Finally, this morning I put my foot down and demanded dcm sign the form before leaving. She fiiiinally decided to tell me that they don't wear it and will not allow me to sunscreen dcb. She says its harmful, full of chemicals and they just overall don't believe in it.

I'm livid. I told them at the interview we're outside nonstop. With all the recent sunburn at daycare drama I'm really nervous to move forward.

I want to term.. But they're wonderful otherwise. Dcb is great. I'm just in shock.

Am I liable if dcb burns? Is there some kind of waiver I can make her sign?Grrrrr.
Wow, that is a new one. How have they managed to keep DCK not burned living in CA without sunscreen? I would say yes you are liable and personally I would have to term.
Jujube835 02:28 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Wow, that is a new one. How have they managed to keep DCK not burned living in CA without sunscreen? I would say yes you are liable and personally I would have to term.
Haha I don't know why my profile says Cali.. I don't live there. Maybe I was super cautious about someone knowing who I am?.. Or maybe it's wishful thinking. Lol

Either way, summers are sunny anywhere and I'm afraid he'll fry

I just have never heard of a person refusing sunscreen all together. I know some people use organic or whatever.. But not none at all!
Jujube835 02:32 PM 08-05-2015
She signed a form stating dcb is immunized (as I do not allow any kids to come here that aren't) but now I'm really wondering!

They do feed dcb organic but didn't complain that my food isn't organic.

What the heck. I've been reeling all day over this.. I just don't get it.
Thriftylady 02:47 PM 08-05-2015
I would term, you would be found in fault if her burns bad. In Nannyde's book, she talks about how parents can't give us permission to do the wrong thing. So I don't think a form would help you. This would greatly interfere with my program, and would take away from the other kids. I wouldn't be able to keep this one.
bklsmum 02:48 PM 08-05-2015
There are a million types of sunscreen. She should be able to find one that she finds acceptable. It would be non-negotiable here.
Rockgirl 02:49 PM 08-05-2015
She signed a form stating dcb is immunized (as I do not allow any kids to come here that aren't) but now I'm really wondering!

They do feed dcb organic but didn't complain that my food isn't organic.

What the heck. I've been reeling all day over this.. I just don't get it.
Did she not provide an immunization record?
momofapreschooler 02:56 PM 08-05-2015
Could you require mom to send him in a shirt that specifically provide sun protection? My daughter's skin was sensitive as an infant, so we used Coolibar clothing (long sleeves and longalls) when we went to the beach with her before her 1st birthday, recommended by a dermatologist. I think Carters and other swim shirts now say a certain SPF, too. I do not see how you can keep him out of the sun between 10 AM and 4 PM. Seems like the parents are unrealistic.
Jujube835 02:56 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Did she not provide an immunization record?

No it's not required.. We just take the parents word for it
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 08-05-2015

They started Monday.

They prefer to only take dcb outside before 10am and after 4pm.. But "if you have to go outside in those hours just keep him shaded."

Yes, you are liable even if parents sign a waiver that says you aren't.

Parents can't sign away their child's right to be safe. (or not sun burned)

Honestly other than keeping him shaded or remaining indoors the only option I see is to terminate him from care for not being a good fit. Since a good portion of your day happens outside.

I would NOT feel comfortable agreeing to keep him shaded either as he could still somehow get sun burned and of course the finger will be pointed straight at you. I just couldn't guarantee his safety outdoors enough that I'd be comfortable keeping him in care. ESPECIALLY because the mom is being so cagey and dishonest about this.

It's their right to not allow their child to use sun screen but it's your right to refuse to provide services.

You could always call for pick up every time you guys are heading out side. OR offer to hire a personal assistant to follow the child around and do ONE job (keep him shaded) or supervise him inside while the rest of you are outside and have the parents pay the cost of this person.

Bet they change their mind pretty fast!

Also, there are LOTS of natural chemical free sun screens she can buy,
http://safemama.com/cheatsheets/sunscreen/
not to mention sun screen clothing she can provide that limits the UV rays.
http://www.uvskinz.com/Swimwear-Clot...oys-s/1860.htm
LysesKids 03:20 PM 08-05-2015
No it's not required.. We just take the parents word for it
Where do you live that doesn't require a shot record? And I would term for not being a good fit. I do babies only and because of heat after nap we stay in, but early mornings - we are outside and my babies have protection
m.kids1301 03:48 PM 08-05-2015
I don't like to use any chemical laden products either; they do damage you over time! But there are alternative sun-block products available. Dr. Mercola has some he sells on his site and there's sunblock in health food stores, and The Honest Company has some. I would suggest to her that she gets something like that, and explain to her the concern about sunburn because of all the hype recently.

I haven't had any trouble yet with anyone getting burned. I put sunblock on if a parent wants me to, but the kids come inside if it's too hot or they are uncomfortable outside. I sure wouldn't require that everyone wears sunscreen, and I'd only put on what the parents provide, with a permission slip just like it's a drug. It's hard to tell what will affect small children.

Jenniferdawn 03:54 PM 08-05-2015
I don't require sunscreen either but I do require the parents to apply it before coming if they want it. I agree there are so many harmful chemicals in most sunscreens. We play outside a whole bunch and I have not had anyone get a bad sunburn. If you constantly cover up with sunscreen, you're not able to get the vitamin D the sun offers which is so important to our health. That being said, it is your business and you need to be comfortable with however you run it. However, I sure would hate to lose an amazing family just over a matter of sunscreen.
Unregistered 04:01 PM 08-05-2015
Ok if she has the belief that sunscreen is harmful I am betting she doesn't vacinate Her child. Why would she put chemical in her child's body and not on his skin?? I'm taking bets now .......... Who thinks Mom is lying about vaccinations?

I would term. Just too much liability.
Jenniferdawn 04:15 PM 08-05-2015
I have unvaccinated, non-sunscreened kiddos here. I've been doing daycare for many years and never had any problems or have had any concern they were too much a "liability". But they also follow my own personal convictions so it works for me. If you are going to feel nervous or anxious or frustrated by this family, for your own sanity and peace of mind, I would tell them that due to differing personal convictions, you need to let them go. But please be careful to word it in a way where they won't feel judged for their differing convictions. You both are trying to do what you feel is right for the children.
jenboo 04:26 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ok if she has the belief that sunscreen is harmful I am betting she doesn't vacinate Her child. Why would she put chemical in her child's body and not on his skin?? I'm taking bets now .......... Who thinks Mom is lying about vaccinations?

I would term. Just too much liability.
There aren't chemical free versions of vaccinations. There are other options for sunscreen.
Pros outweigh the cons maybe??
Unregistered 04:26 PM 08-05-2015
Wow I never in all the years heard u need a permission for sun screen, maby cause wear I live its 105+ degrees everyday so if we are swimming no sunscreen is not a option here.ive never heard some one say no sunscreen I can understand if kid has sensitive skin or something or like u said dont like chemicals but there is different kind of sun block or certain clothing.we dont play ouside since to hot most time but if swimming here its a must.puting sun block u are doing your job protecting the kid from sun burn.
Mom2Two 04:31 PM 08-05-2015
Maybe (1) Explain nicely that this is a liability issue for you and that you do need to make sure children are protected from the sun, then (2) offer a choice that she either provide a surfshirt + sun hat or provide sunblock of her choice, and give her links to where she can buy it. Most health food stores sell the non-chem sunblocks. Just give her an address.

I always feel better when I am as nice and reasonable as possible, then I don't feel bad at all if the situation just doesn't work out.
AngiesCareXYZ 04:44 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by momofapreschooler:
Could you require mom to send him in a shirt that specifically provide sun protection? My daughter's skin was sensitive as an infant, so we used Coolibar clothing (long sleeves and longalls) when we went to the beach with her before her 1st birthday, recommended by a dermatologist. I think Carters and other swim shirts now say a certain SPF, too. I do not see how you can keep him out of the sun between 10 AM and 4 PM. Seems like the parents are unrealistic.
I have a few parents that do not allow sunscreen on their children. We are outside from 9 to 12:30 every day. For those children that are not allowed to wear sunscreen, they wear long sleeve swim shirts and pants with a hat that looks like a safari hat. It covers their face, ears and neck. The children are accustomed to wearing these because that is what they have always worn.
Just remember that we are caring for someone elses child or children. We must respect their parenting style even if we do not agree with it. You say that the family is wonderful otherwise? Just make sure that they provide the adequate and appropriate clothing and head gear for outdoor play. It is hard to find parents that care so deeply about their children's overall longevity.
Blackcat31 04:56 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by AngiesCareXYZ:
I have a few parents that do not allow sunscreen on their children. We are outside from 9 to 12:30 every day. For those children that are not allowed to wear sunscreen, they wear long sleeve swim shirts and pants with a hat that looks like a safari hat. It covers their face, ears and neck. The children are accustomed to wearing these because that is what they have always worn.
Just remember that we are caring for someone elses child or children. We must respect their parenting style even if we do not agree with it. You say that the family is wonderful otherwise? Just make sure that they provide the adequate and appropriate clothing and head gear for outdoor play. It is hard to find parents that care so deeply about their children's overall longevity.
I dont think anyone is disrespecting someone's parenting style

I think the concern here is liability for the provider and the fact that DCM wasnt really upfront about these topics upon enrollment.

Thats kind of shady... No pun intented..
Blackcat31 05:07 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Jenniferdawn:
I don't require sunscreen either but I do require the parents to apply it before coming if they want it. I agree there are so many harmful chemicals in most sunscreens. We play outside a whole bunch and I have not had anyone get a bad sunburn. If you constantly cover up with sunscreen, you're not able to get the vitamin D the sun offers which is so important to our health. That being said, it is your business and you need to be comfortable with however you run it. However, I sure would hate to lose an amazing family just over a matter of sunscreen.
This is incorrect. Dermatologists say your body still produces plenty of Vitamin D WHILE wearing sun screen and regular sun screen use is recomended for everyone as it helps prevent skin cancer.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/healt...n-d-production

Personally, I'd rather have sun screen chemicals on me verses the chemicals used to fight/cure/treat cancer.
nannyde 05:52 PM 08-05-2015
Parents can't give permission to do the wrong thing. Their "parenting style" doesn't matter to me. My freedom does. My ability to raise my kid does. My nursing license does. My record free of child neglect charges does.

If the parent wants the kid in the shade during outdoor activities then they need to pay for an additional adult to supervise the kid in the shade. As long as they are willing to pay extra for their "parenting style" then we are all good.
Leigh 06:02 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is incorrect. Dermatologists say your body still produces plenty of Vitamin D WHILE wearing sun screen and regular sun screen use is recomended for everyone as it helps prevent skin cancer.

Personally, I'd rather have sun screen chemicals on me verses the chemicals used to fight/cure/treat cancer.
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Parents can't give permission to do the wrong thing. Their "parenting style" doesn't matter to me. My freedom does. My ability to raise my kid does. My nursing license does. My record free of child neglect charges does.

If the parent wants the kid in the shade during outdoor activities then they need to pay for an additional adult to supervise the kid in the shade. As long as they are willing to pay extra for their "parenting style" then we are all good.

I would term. DCM knew that you required sunscreen and chose to try to control your policies by not signing the form. That's enough for me right there. If you weigh pros/cons, sunscreen is MUCH better than cancer or the drugs that fight it. If you decide to keep, I'd ask for PROOF of vaccination. I require this, and require yearly updates, as well. Their word isn't enough for me.
Febby 06:07 PM 08-05-2015
In my state, you will get in trouble with licensing if a child gets sunburned while in your care and they find out. Sunscreen is obviously the preferred method by most centers, but as long as they don't get burns, state will leave you alone. My current center won't take a child unless we have sunscreen (provided by the parents) and a sunscreen permission form. No form? Your child doesn't come. No sunscreen? Your child doesn't come.

The OP is primarily asking about the liability aspect of it. There are plenty of things that parents are free to do with their kids on their time that we could never do in a day care setting because for liability reasons. Parenting style is irrelevant there. Liability (and the fact that DCM appeared to initially try to cover up her preference for no sunscreen) is relevant. And potentially problematic.
kitykids3 07:05 PM 08-05-2015
I might get some flack for this, but here goes. I personally do not think putting sunscreen on a child is a 'wrong' thing. I think everybody has their different preferences (and skin tolerances also). I live in a neighborhood that is kind of 'crunchy/natural/organic'. I have had parents that don't want sunscreen, even though I provide it and put it on before we go out. They also have the choice to bring their own. On the health history form (my state) there is space where they check yes or no to the daycare applying sunscreen, which if they choose no, then fine. They can do that. However, I let them know that sometimes we are out for up to 3 hours at a time and I can't always keep them shaded (especially on outside field trips) and if they want me to, then I am not the right fit for them. The fact that they can choose no on a state issued form gives me the impression that I would not be liable unless I was very negligent and kept them out in the sun straight for many, many hours with a uv index high enough to burn and didn't try to exercise some discernment. I don't think it's 'wrong' to respect a parent's wishes of not wanting sunscreen on their child. Some people don't burn so other than chemicals that may be another reason they don't want it.
I don't know if in your state you have regulations/forms from the state that addresses sunscreen, or if you're even regulated, but if you do and parents get the option, then go ahead and let them have that option; IF you feel comfortable with that. If not, then term. Personally I would term with the fact that it took her days to even tell you she doesn't want sunscreen. What if he had got burned in the last few days because you didn't know she wanted him shaded? I would not able to trust her, thus our business relationship would be over (especially if you have a trial period). She may very well not be honest about the shots, or other stuff in the future. I wouldn't want to take that risk after years of building my business.
Baby Beluga 10:03 PM 08-05-2015

This X 1000. Especially since there are many numerous ways to protect the little one without chemicals.
childcaremom 04:32 AM 08-06-2015
I'd term. They knew your policies when signing up and should have been prepared to follow them.

I expect that if you allow negotiation on this, they will expect all policies to be negotiable in the future.
Unregistered 04:45 AM 08-06-2015
I understand where this parent is coming from... I dislike the idea of putting chemicals onto my child's skin too, though I realize the importance of protecting her, and as a provider myself I understand wanting to protect yourself from a potential liability. (Has anyone seen the news story lately of the children who were severly burned from playing outside at daycare? I feel like I have seen it all over the news...)

Anyways, we use a natural sunscreen. I have found it at my local "hippie" store (natural grocery). I think it is sold on Amazon too. It's Badger brand natural/organic sunscreen. The formula is the old zinc oxide formula, that makes you look white. I'm sure there are other brands too... I think Jessica Alba's Honest Company... so I'm sure there are others.

I also put my dd in a wetsuit style swim top that has 50spf UVA/UVB protection. I believe that there are other clothes (besides swim wear) that is marketed as having UVA/UVB protection. Maybe you could inform dcp of that?

This is definetitly not an issue I would term over.

As for assuming whether or not she vaccinates... I honestly feel that you cannot assume. We are very "cruchy granola" here at my house but still vaccinate on schedule. Honestly, I feel like you cannot assume these things. There has to be some level of trust, and if she put it on her form that she vaccinates, then that's what you have to go with-- imo anyway.

Maybe you feel like terming because you wonder if she is lying about her child's vaccination status or you feel she has been "sneaky" about the suncreen issue. But, I would challenge you to consider how you addressed the topic of sunscreen. The way you wrote about it, made me wonder if your appraoch has been somewhat authoritative, and if dcm felt like it was "your way or the highway". Could that have caused her difficulty in addressing the issue, if she is the type to avoid confrontation. Maybe it took some time for her to know how to address the issue. Rather than assuming that she was just being "sneaky" about the issue.
Sure, we own our own business, and we make our own rules and ultimately can do what we want to, but it is also good keep in mind the importance of partnering with parents and making them feel included, especially because they have to be away from their children all day while working; this is how we can empower parent's in the most important role that they have in life-- that is to be a parent. In my early childhood classes, the importance of nurturing the parent-provider relationship and building community within your progra was really stressed as a key peice of the pie in providing quality care for young children... as a provider now I can certainly see how much good relationships and open, respectful communication has made my job easier and more fufilling. Just my thoughts. Best regards!
Jujube835 06:03 AM 08-06-2015
Whew. There's a lot of opinions here. Im having a hard time understanding her choice, I guess. I see that a lot of other people understand her ... So this issue isn't as crazy as I thought.

I'm like a sunscreen queen, so this particular issue is grinding my gears.

Ultimately, I've decided to terminate care, effective Friday. I will tell her today at pick up. I will keep him shaded for today and tomorrow but it's a lot of work and I can't do it long term.

My decision is based on the liability of this issue, primarily. Obviously they're free to make whatever decision about sunscreen that they want.. But I'm not going to lose my license over it.
childcaremom 06:27 AM 08-06-2015
To me, this isn't about the sunscreen.

This is about parents signing up for a program knowing that it is not a good fit and then asking provider to change their program to fit the family's needs. In this case, to not allow permission to use sunscreen knowing that provider required this, and asking provider to change the programming to keep children inside at certain hours when they knew the program was outdoors most of the day.

I think you made the right decision for your program and I think this family will be happier finding a place that meets all of their needs.
Sugaree 08:10 AM 08-06-2015
We have sunscreen issues. There is something that's DS is allergic to in some of them. It doesn't bother him, but causes a rash anywhere that's applied. So far, the Neutrogena baby sunscreen has worked this year. If that stops working then I'll have to look into some more natural things. With that being said, I wouldn't be so quick to recommend the Honest brand of suncreen. It's been reported to not work lately.
Thriftylady 08:16 AM 08-06-2015
Whew. There's a lot of opinions here. Im having a hard time understanding her choice, I guess. I see that a lot of other people understand her ... So this issue isn't as crazy as I thought.

I'm like a sunscreen queen, so this particular issue is grinding my gears.

Ultimately, I've decided to terminate care, effective Friday. I will tell her today at pick up. I will keep him shaded for today and tomorrow but it's a lot of work and I can't do it long term.

My decision is based on the liability of this issue, primarily. Obviously they're free to make whatever decision about sunscreen that they want.. But I'm not going to lose my license over it.
I would have done the same thing for the same reasons. Parents can choose to raise their children however they want, but I have to protect my business.
Thriftylady 08:22 AM 08-06-2015
I understand where this parent is coming from... I dislike the idea of putting chemicals onto my child's skin too, though I realize the importance of protecting her, and as a provider myself I understand wanting to protect yourself from a potential liability. (Has anyone seen the news story lately of the children who were severly burned from playing outside at daycare? I feel like I have seen it all over the news...)

Anyways, we use a natural sunscreen. I have found it at my local "hippie" store (natural grocery). I think it is sold on Amazon too. It's Badger brand natural/organic sunscreen. The formula is the old zinc oxide formula, that makes you look white. I'm sure there are other brands too... I think Jessica Alba's Honest Company... so I'm sure there are others.

I also put my dd in a wetsuit style swim top that has 50spf UVA/UVB protection. I believe that there are other clothes (besides swim wear) that is marketed as having UVA/UVB protection. Maybe you could inform dcp of that?

As for assuming whether or not she vaccinates... I honestly feel that you cannot assume. We are very "cruchy granola" here at my house but still vaccinate on schedule. Honestly, I feel like you cannot assume these things. There has to be some level of trust, and if she put it on her form that she vaccinates, then that's what you have to go with-- imo anyway.

Maybe you feel like terming because you wonder if she is lying about her child's vaccination status or you feel she has been "sneaky" about the suncreen issue. But, I would challenge you to consider how you addressed the topic of sunscreen. The way you wrote about it, made me wonder if your appraoch has been somewhat authoritative, and if dcm felt like it was "your way or the highway". Could that have caused her difficulty in addressing the issue, if she is the type to avoid confrontation. Maybe it took some time for her to know how to address the issue. Rather than assuming that she was just being "sneaky" about the issue.
Sure, we own our own business, and we make our own rules and ultimately can do what we want to, but it is also good keep in mind the importance of partnering with parents and making them feel included, especially because they have to be away from their children all day while working; this is how we can empower parent's in the most important role that they have in life-- that is to be a parent. In my early childhood classes, the importance of nurturing the parent-provider relationship and building community within your progra was really stressed as a key peice of the pie in providing quality care for young children... as a provider now I can certainly see how much good relationships and open, respectful communication has made my job easier and more fufilling. Just my thoughts. Best regards!
In my program it is "my way or the highway". I have policies and I have them for a reason. If you don't enforce them, there is no point in having them. If you give in on just one, soon that parent usually wants you to give in on others. At the end of the day, we all own and run our own business, we offer a service and we choose what services we offer, and what our policies are. We don't have to change those policies for a parent. I told a DCM (who has been with me several months) that if she didn't like my policy of no outside food, she should find a provider who doesn't have policies. But she won't because she already tried that and got burned. At the end of the day, it is MY WAY or you can find someone else.
Baby Beluga 08:40 AM 08-06-2015
I agree with this. Open honest communication and mutual respect make our jobs much easier and benefit the children.

However....

The provider made it known to the parents prior to enrollment that the children spend a great deal of time outside and sunscreen was required. Don't you feel by the mom enrolling her child in the program after knowing this information mom was the one who tainted the trust and respect needed in for a good parent-provider relationship? In my opinion the mother was dishonest, not open and disrespectful of the provider and her policies. I would also have to term for this reason.
CalCare 09:27 AM 08-06-2015
I use badger on my own kids too. I also have have my kids in swim shirts (the uva/uvb blocking kind) and hats. I also vaccinate! There's no correlation, really. I just want the best sun coverage for my fair kids (and self). And I don't see slathering on a chemical one when I could just as easily slather on no chemicals.

I would be annoyed if a parent refused to sign or say anything for days on end, but I can't picture myself terming for it. I am a teacher in a center- not a family childcare owner so, I haven't been there!

I, myself, got second degree burns when I was 10 on a school trip to a water park. They weren't doing anything to supervise us at all, much less reapplying sunscreen. Ridiculous.

OP- Sounds like you decided to term and I'm sure you'll find someone to replace that goes with your policies. Best to be done with it before something else comes up that she doesn't want to go along with.
CraftyMom 10:04 AM 08-06-2015
Good idea to end care. A good portion of my yard is shaded and then there is another good portion of my yard that is full sun. The kids run around the entire yard.

There is no way I could keep one kid in one part of the yard the whole time unless it were an infant in a play pen.

It wouldn't be fair to the kid that he couldn't run around with the others...nope, you have to stop right there where the sun begins while the others continue playing their game over there...

And it would be a ton of work to make sure he stayed in the shade.
Play Care 10:04 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
To me, this isn't about the sunscreen.

This is about parents signing up for a program knowing that it is not a good fit and then asking provider to change their program to fit the family's needs. In this case, to not allow permission to use sunscreen knowing that provider required this, and asking provider to change the programming to keep children inside at certain hours when they knew the program was outdoors most of the day.

I think you made the right decision for your program and I think this family will be happier finding a place that meets all of their needs.
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Blackcat31 10:10 AM 08-06-2015

daycarediva 11:32 AM 08-06-2015
I have a child with SUPER sensitive skin, Mom provides an organic, hypoallergenic, zinc based sunscreen AND dcb wears SPF clothing outside. No big deal. Will Mom agree to do that? There are a bunch of organic, natural sunscreens without chemicals available now, as well as SPF clothing. I put my own kids in SPF surf suits and hats at the beach when they were younger.
Thriftylady 02:30 PM 08-06-2015
Hey BC, do you deliver?
Blackcat31 03:10 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Hey BC, do you deliver?
LOL! Last time I posted a similar picture without saying the words Playcare posted, another member came on and asked what the connection between the topic of the thread and chicken was so when I saw Playcare's post I had to add the photo.

I guess it's not a common saying in all parts of the country. I just assumed it was.

Also, yes if you live somewhere fun and exciting (without mosquitoes) I just might seriously consider delivery!
AngiesCareXYZ 03:47 PM 08-06-2015

Tags:parents - don't cooperate, sunscreen
Reply Up