Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Little Inspiration For Today..
Soccermom 05:11 AM 10-19-2012
Yesterday I had a DCM who was very late for pick up. She is normally here at 5pm and didn't show up until 5:30pm. No phone call...nothing. I am open until 5:30 so that didn't matter but the child is used to being picked up at 5pm so she was waiting for DCM to come and pick her up. She is dropped off at 6:45am in the morning as well so it is a long day away from DCM and DCD.
At one point I was preparing things for supper and she said to me - I wish you were my mom, you do a lot for your kids and I wish I could sit at the table and eat with your family. I will probably have a frozen pizza again.

Then this morning I was putting another DCG's school book back into her backpack and her project fell out onto the floor. It was a project they had done about their hopes and dreams. The first page was a question about what their biggest dream was, it said - To have a happy family who loves each other just like my daycare family does.

Just wanted to say this morning that no matter how frustrating childcare may be, be thankful that you are at home with your children and remember that today you are making a difference in the lives of many children. They will remember how things were at Miss ......'s house and will hold onto that memory when they become parents later on.
Loveyoustinkyface 05:26 AM 10-19-2012
Aawww, this brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for being such a wonderful caregiver to this young child and to many others~!
laundrymom 05:33 AM 10-19-2012
Add me to the tear shedder list. BEAUTIFUL.
Blackcat31 05:37 AM 10-19-2012
Awww.... I tried to read it but my screen get getting blurry
countrymom 05:42 AM 10-19-2012
thats so sad.
Meeko 06:19 AM 10-19-2012
Dang these onions........
Springdaze 06:31 AM 10-19-2012
I recently graduated from college and received a handmade 3 page card from a 10 year old i watched when she was 2-4. it said Thanks for being a great, fun, and awesome prek teacher. you always made me happy when I was little. the memories will always be in my heart. then the next page had a pic of me, my dd and their friend I also watched at the same time.

I couldnt stand it!!!!!! lets just say she was not the easiest kid I had, but now growing up to be a beautiful and sweet young lady! I hope I had a little to do with it!
daycarediva 09:27 AM 10-19-2012
Teared up! My desk area is FILLED with cards and pictures from my little people.

I received a fw'd email from a DCM yesterday (she had to tell me to check my email ) it was from dcg's teacher, praising ME for all of my hardwork and effort with dcg's homework and reading so far this year. DCG was tested behind her class in reading and reading comprehension, so I played on her super competetiveness and started a reading contest. DCG is reading AT GRADE LEVEL, now LOVES to read AND can answer the comprehension questions. DCG's Mom teared up over it!
mom2many 09:30 AM 10-19-2012
Thanks for posting that! This is exactly what makes those difficult days all worthwhile! It is heartbreaking that some kids don't have the best home life...but at least you are making a difference.
SilverSabre25 11:53 AM 10-19-2012
D'awww.....you must be a GREAT provider for those kids to feel so warm and fuzzy and positive about their time at your house
Reply Up