Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Complaining About Director & Assistant Teacher. Some Concerns
Unregistered 07:05 AM 01-04-2020
MY last post just turned into people quoting something someone else posted on it. My thing is I'm not the only one to work in this room. There have been others. I was talking to one lad about her experiences and I asked her why she didn't report/complain to the main director. She said no one would believe us. Idk what to do. Both these ladies have been here for a long time and one of them is a director. The director lady is just so ****ing fake and better at concealing her nastiness.She also has a great reputation.

Everyone knows about the other lady. I personally think the director is much worse and I'm annoyed that no one (as far as I know) has done anything about these ladies. You can't say oyu care about kids and do nothing. I feel alone and like no one will back me up because they're scared or whatever.
sahm1225 08:59 AM 01-04-2020
I don’t remember reading the last post, but if this are legitimate safety concerns about the daycare (not just your personal feelings that someone is fake), why don’t you file a report with their licensor?
flying_babyb 09:04 AM 01-04-2020
I feel ya! Im in the same boat with my center. The director likes to make up new rules weekly. This time its "it is not developmentally appropriate for 1 year olds to be forced to eat at the same tame." I said "Um, I say Lunch is here, who would like to eat. My whole class comes running over" she tells me, well they still can only eat 3 at a time. So half the class sits and screams while half eats.
springv 10:26 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
I feel ya! Im in the same boat with my center. The director likes to make up new rules weekly. This time its "it is not developmentally appropriate for 1 year olds to be forced to eat at the same tame." I said "Um, I say Lunch is here, who would like to eat. My whole class comes running over" she tells me, well they still can only eat 3 at a time. So half the class sits and screams while half eats.
Uh no, that would NOT fly here in Alabama. If our childcare consultant came in and saw that she would have a cow and so would our owners!
e.j. 10:33 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm annoyed that no one (as far as I know) has done anything about these ladies. You can't say oyu care about kids and do nothing. I feel alone and like no one will back me up because they're scared or whatever.
If you're truly concerned about the well-being of the kids in care, I think you already know what you need to do. You just need to work up the courage to actually do it. Stop being annoyed at others for not doing something about it; you be the one to do it. There's always the chance no one will back you up but if you feel strongly that something really needs to be done, do it anyway. You're the one who has to live with the fact that you either did something or did nothing to help the kids enrolled there.
flying_babyb 07:56 PM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Uh no, that would NOT fly here in Alabama. If our childcare consultant came in and saw that she would have a cow and so would our owners!
Oh a little birdy told me that not only will licencing be out soon but so will the food program. A teacher dropped a lil birdy
springv 01:18 PM 01-05-2020
Yes state Is coming but dont know when
Rockgirl 03:15 PM 01-05-2020
MY last post just turned into people quoting something someone else posted on it.
Well, we’re all relating to one another. People will offer examples of experiences they’ve had, and if others can relate, they’ll comment. It’s not to take away from you or your post....it’s just now message boards work.
Cat Herder 03:02 AM 01-06-2020
Your last post read more as a vent while building up the courage to report, as is your duty. We have all been there. I did not see a question, or I would have answered it instead of commiserating. I am sorry you did not feel supported. That was not my intent.
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 01-06-2020
MY last post just turned into people quoting something someone else posted on it. My thing is I'm not the only one to work in this room. There have been others. I was talking to one lad about her experiences and I asked her why she didn't report/complain to the main director. She said no one would believe us. Idk what to do. Both these ladies have been here for a long time and one of them is a director. The director lady is just so ****ing fake and better at concealing her nastiness.She also has a great reputation.

Everyone knows about the other lady. I personally think the director is much worse and I'm annoyed that no one (as far as I know) has done anything about these ladies. You can't say oyu care about kids and do nothing. I feel alone and like no one will back me up because they're scared or whatever.
What are YOU doing to remedy the situation?

Have you filed a complaint with the state?
Have you tried to talk to someone higher up than the other ladies you work with?

I guess I am not understanding what your question is either so I thought you were looking for some support from others who've worked in centers or those that understand where you are coming from.

It's definitely hard to be an employee in a place that does things in ways you would not or that you don't agree with.
It's one of the many reasons I no longer work in a "center" environment and work for myself.

I couldn't stand to be part of something I didn't believe in so I made the changes I needed to make a difference.
rosieteddy 10:09 AM 01-06-2020
I am with Blackcat on this.I to worked at a center for one year.Though I enjoyed the other teachers ,I did not go along with the lead teachers "rules".I was not allowed to rock infants .I was only given one stool to sit on .Only 3 could be fed at a time .Many other things.After running my home daycare for so long I missed being my own boss.If it was a beautiful day I could stay out longer or do a picnic lunch.Many differences. I gave notice and reopened my home daycare I stayed open17 more years.Do whats best for you.If you think the children are not being cared for go to the director .
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I am with Blackcat on this.I to worked at a center for one year.Though I enjoyed the other teachers ,I did not go along with the lead teachers "rules".I was not allowed to rock infants .I was only given one stool to sit on .Only 3 could be fed at a time .Many other things.After running my home daycare for so long I missed being my own boss.If it was a beautiful day I could stay out longer or do a picnic lunch.Many differences. I gave notice and reopened my home daycare I stayed open17 more years.Do whats best for you.If you think the children are not being cared for go to the director .
Yep. I don't envy those of you who have to work under a centers' rules. Especially if they're questionable. You know what's right or wrong. If you don't feel good about it, try to make the changes. If you can't then find another place where you know you'll be doing some good.
My former food program sponsor used to be a dcp, but before that, she worked in a licensed center for 3 months. She'd speak up repeatedly over their neglect and tell her co-workers they were just as guilty as the director was if they kept participating. But then she'd complain all the time to the proper powers and they never could find anything on this center. I imagine it's not that hard to cover up when a place is being inspected. In fact, after she became the food program lady, she'd report dcs she knew were non-compliant(over numbers or no longer state certified) and because of the state's lack of funding or staff, she was pretty much told to turn a blind eye. Now how sad is that?? The state creates all these crazy hoops to jump through, but it's only the good ones who work towards that anyways. The bad ones are still open but somehow stay non-compliant until something happens and all of a sudden, everybody's right there.

If what you're witnessing is bad enough, in terms of safety or compliance, then definitely report. Make a stink, make yourself heard. And maybe, if at all possible, open your own dc. Good luck and hope positive results come about!!!
Tags:blackcat, disgruntled employee, do your job, due diligence, mandated reporter
Reply Up