Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping
MommyMuffin 06:37 AM 09-14-2010
For those of you that do not have a room just for sleeping, where do you let the children sleep? I have the basement for daycare, kitchen for arts and crafts and a little area for books, bathroom and large play room. There is an office too but my husband wants it to be kid free zone. I know I can pop open the pack n plays and nap mats anywhere, but when I am interviewing I want to be able to "show" them where the child will sleep. Any suggestions? We are in the process of building too so I could split the play room in half and have 2 small rooms...but I liked the idea of a large area to play in....
DCMomOf3 07:24 AM 09-14-2010
I had the same situation and ended up highjacking half of my husbands office. He's not here when the DCKs are anyway.
Unregistered 08:35 AM 09-14-2010
I only have 2 daycare babies they sleep in my Master bedroom in their playpens with the door open I have a one level house so I can hear them. my living room is their playroom also.
kidkair 04:27 PM 09-14-2010
I put the kids on their mats by the walls in a way so that I can still easily walk to each one in my toy room and dining room. When a parent asks where do the kids sleep I point to the mats and say "On those mats placed on the floor". I have divided my toy room to add a seperate area for crafts and that's where the non-sleepers color and read quietly and it's got my office in it too so I can do paperwork and such during nap time. My husband built a 4 foot tall bookcase for the divider so I can see over it to check on the sleepers quickly and quietly. The bookcase is great for storing the art supplies and extra stuff for my office as well.
legomom922 04:53 AM 09-15-2010
Do you have a BR or guest room that is not being used all the time? My stepkids have a BR, but they are only here every other weekend...so I decorated that room for for my DCK, and thats where my pack n plays are. The only other thing in the room is the kids bunkbeds and a bean bag chair, as they keep all of their clothes at their moms, so no need for a dresser, then I have one of those plastic rolling carts that I keep all the diapers and stuff in, and when the week is over, I just roll it into the closet.
Tags:sleeping
Reply Up