Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan Providers..Question
treehugger82 03:12 PM 03-31-2011
If I am getting lic. for a family home (6 or less children), do I have to have an assistant certified in CPR? I am looking at the lic. rules, and it says caregiver must provide this, but on my application, it says only for group homes. I thought I only had to have an emergency person over age 18, but now I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?
Childminder 04:17 PM 03-31-2011
No assistant no problem. IF you have an assistant he/she must fulfill the criteria set by licensing. Central Registry, TB test, CPR/First Aid, Back to Sleep training, 5 clock hours training per year, Medical Clearance, etc.... Go to MI.gov/dhs and you will find a childcare licensing link. In there you will find a forms and publications or just do a search for BCAL-4595.
treehugger82 04:41 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
No assistant no problem. IF you have an assistant he/she must fulfill the criteria set by licensing. Central Registry, TB test, CPR/First Aid, Back to Sleep training, 5 clock hours training per year, Medical Clearance, etc.... Go to MI.gov/dhs and you will find a childcare licensing link. In there you will find a forms and publications or just do a search for BCAL-4595.
Thank you! The wording was throwing me off...it says under R 400.1903 Caregiver responsibilities that the caregiver must :

"(c) Provide an adult assistant caregiver with valid CPR and first aid to act as the caregiver when the caregiver is unable or unavailable to provide direct care"

but that is under the rules for family and group homes, so I was confused b/c they didn't specify. Ok, so maybe I'm just being paranoid that I didn't do everything right for my application, lol!
Tags:cpr certified, first aid, michigan
Reply Up