Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terminated
spud912 06:34 PM 11-16-2011
Ugh, I hate when parents terminate my services. No matter how understandable their circumstances or ridiculous their reasons, I always have something in the back of my head thinking I did something wrong. I always feel rejected like I just got fired from a job. I think my problem is that I always try to please everyone and when they terminate me, I can't help but get offended after everything I do for them and their child. Anyone else?
dave4him 06:44 PM 11-16-2011
I know how you feel and i havent even started yet. Seems like every other day my MIL and niece's mommy have to talk to my wife while im off at work about 'MY daycare, and making sure that I take care of the little one and dont ignore her! Im not going to leave her off in a room by herself! OY hopefully its better once i get started
sahm2three 06:47 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by spud912:
Ugh, I hate when parents terminate my services. No matter how understandable their circumstances or ridiculous their reasons, I always have something in the back of my head thinking I did something wrong. I always feel rejected like I just got fired from a job. I think my problem is that I always try to please everyone and when they terminate me, I can't help but get offended after everything I do for them and their child. Anyone else?
Sorry. I feel ya. I had this happen in Oct. My first family to leave me. I felt fired. Felt unappreciated. Felt like I wasn't enough. Hugs. Just know that you are enough. You did your best, sometimes parents just need a change. HUGS!
cheerfuldom 06:11 AM 11-17-2011
You can't take it personally. Its a business. People shop around and find what works for them and sometimes it isn't you. Sometimes parents are rude on the way out but that doesn't mean thats your fault either. There is no way you can please everyone or be the best provider for each situation and for each child. The sooner you can accept that, the better. I am sure you do a lot for each child but the majority of parents will not understand how hard your job is or how much you put into it. Don't wait around, holding your breath and hoping they get it before you can feel good about your job.
Ariana 08:49 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
You can't take it personally. Its a business. People shop around and find what works for them and sometimes it isn't you. Sometimes parents are rude on the way out but that doesn't mean thats your fault either. There is no way you can please everyone or be the best provider for each situation and for each child. The sooner you can accept that, the better. I am sure you do a lot for each child but the majority of parents will not understand how hard your job is or how much you put into it. Don't wait around, holding your breath and hoping they get it before you can feel good about your job.
I agree with this! Is it hard? YES!!! but don't take it personally. Stop the thoughts that make you feel unappreciated and sorry for yourself...they're just thoughts afterall
jennajury 09:04 AM 11-17-2011
I agree I feel like that when I get "terminated" This has happened only twice and it was spur of the moment. I felt underappreciated and hurt. The main reasons was because of what I DID for the parents. One was my cousins ex wife who is not a nice person, I watched her son and my cousins' son almost all day long everyday and then she had the nerve to TEXT me one day to tell me she's no longer bringing them to me. The other one was my best friends sister who also TEXT me one day to tell me she wasn't bringing them (that was with her failure to follow my contract). So needless to say I don't watch kids of family or friends anymore LOL. But it gets better, you are appreciated, the parents who do appreciate you and treat you right make it all worth it!
Tags:terminated
Reply Up