Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Parent...
mismatchedsocks 03:13 PM 10-26-2011
I am pretty flexible, and allow parents to shoot me a text BEFORE they are late to let me know what time they will be here. I close at 5, so sometimes they are a few minutes after. As long as I know before hand and its a few minutes I am ok with it.

Yesterday had a little boys dad text me about 30 minutes before I close and tell me he was running a few minutes behind ( 8 to be exact on his gps ). I texted him ok.

He showed up at 5:08 and had $8 in cash to pay for my $1 a minute late fee. I handed it back to him, letting him know that it was ok since he let me know and they are never late.

It was very nice that he offered, and i love being able to be flexible with my parents.

Today he wrote me a check for his week of daycare and he added $8 in. I didnt notice until he was gone. Ill take it now, its that important to him!
daycare 03:17 PM 10-26-2011
these are the kind of parents that keep us going and motivated at the end of each day.

I had a daycare parent beg me to add on late fees becuase she was late about 8 minutes twice in one week. However, the 2 years she's been here she was never late once.

I said no, don't worry about it...She brought me a box of my favorite meal bars that are about $30.00 a box.

I took it and told her that I was so thankful for parents like her...Then asked if I could clone her whole family!!

Happy hump day, what a good HUMP day!!
awestbrook713 03:20 PM 10-26-2011
I wish the parents we interview had there good and bad qualitys stamped on their foreheads, wouldn't that make it easier to get cooperative parents.
Christian Mother 07:32 PM 10-26-2011
I have a teacher who works quiet a ways from where we both live. I feel awful for her bc as a teacher she doesn't get the normal 8 hr wk weeks not to mention all the diff. meetings involved and parents calling or stopping her to talk. Sometimes I don't take in consideration teachers lives. I did notice however her being late often even though she is an hr early at pick up and drop off was supposed to be a hr early...when i commented on that we negotiated 10 hr days instead of 9 to help her out so she wasn't paying a lot of late fees. It seemed to work out great but the past couple weeks she's been late again but last fri. dad dropped of at 9:45am and picked up at 3pm which her hrs are 6:15am til 4:15pm. So that was a nice surprise and then since this week she's been late every day I mentioned late fees this week and she was sooo wonderful about it and asked if I'd like to be paid right now but I said no just pay me on mond. the beginning of the week. I told her I appreciated her being ok with late fees as I try really hard to be flexible and she said she that she more then appreciated me and being here for her. Her sincerity made my day. Just those words makes me want to waive them. But with hubby out of work...I need that extra cash.
Tags:late arrivals
Reply Up