Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pull Up and Diaper Question
WImom 10:31 AM 02-25-2011
I have two seperate families and two different questions:

(1) How do I nicely tell a family that pull ups are not the same as diapers and I'm tired of checking the childs diaper every 30 minutes so it doesn't leak poo up his back (pull ups dont stay up well on him). They were going to start potty training (although I think he's no where near ready-see slow poke post -same kid) but stopped but keep sending those pull ups. They are also having blow out problems at home.

(2) just started potty training DCG and she's doing okay except parents keep sending her in diapers since I won't allow underwear until accident free for two weeks. I mentioned plastic pants over underwear or pull ups but they keep sending diapers. They are very inconvienent for potty training. I'm thinking of buying pull ups my self and keeping her in them during the day. Anyone do this?
Little People 10:36 AM 02-25-2011
I would not buy pull ups. I would TELL the parent the only way you will continue to potty train, is if the child COMES in pull up and they bring a big bag of pull ups.

I have this in my handbook and I don't let my rules be broken.

Child 2 that comes in pulls ups, tell parents until child is accident free for 2 weeks, NO PULL UPS!

If you can't seem to talk face to face with the parent...send them a sweet but firm text.
daycare 10:39 AM 02-25-2011
1. tell the parents the child is not ready and they are only wasting their money on pull ups. Tell them that they are meant for small accidents and dont offer the same absorbency that a diaper does.

2. Dont ever spend money out of your pocket because a parent is not following your policy. tell them she needs pull ups or you will no longer help assist in the potty training process... its way to difficult to train a child in diapers... thats crazy...
AnythingsPossible 02:24 PM 02-25-2011
Put the pull ups that the one family brings on the girl who actually uses them and put the diapers that her family brings on the boy who needs them!! Problem solved!
Hunni Bee 02:51 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Put the pull ups that the one family brings on the girl who actually uses them and put the diapers that her family brings on the boy who needs them!! Problem solved!
Hahaha, just what I was thinking!!
snowborden1 03:15 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Hahahaha!!! That's exactly what I was thinking!
WImom 04:19 AM 02-26-2011
You know I've thought of doing that!
daysofelijah 12:05 PM 02-26-2011
Anything's Possible said just what I was thinking!

Either that or you just have to say what works for you. Personally I don't like pull ups at any time. But if you prefer them for pt, tell them you need them to bring pull-ups or you can buy some and have them reimburse you.

For the one that keeps coming in pull-ups, tell them that you keep having leaks with the pull-ups and need them to send diapers until he is farther along in the potty training process.
Abigail 05:35 PM 02-27-2011
I wouldn't switch the diapers/pull ups between families, but it's ironic this is the issue at hand! I would request diapers are still needed for the one in pullups until further along in potty training because of absorbancy. I would also request a meeting with the parents who are sending their child in diapers while potty training and talk about the pros and cons of approaching it this way. Make sure you have a policy on potty training--no diapers allowed, only pullups or underwear with plastic pants during this time.
Tags:diapers, pull ups
Reply Up