Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Employee Clause
melissa ann 06:28 PM 09-12-2012
Okay so the owner of the daycare across the street from me, asked if I would like to become a fill-in person. She will be having spots available coming up. So today, she gave the information packet that contains background checks, application, with-holding tax forms, etc as well as employee policies. In it says that if an employee leaves for any reason, they are prohibited from opening a child care center within 10 miles from ABC daycare for 2 yrs.
Do other daycare centers have this in their contract? I did childcare from my home for 4 yrs. Would having a home daycare be included? I will speak with her tomorrow. I'm just wondering if it doesn't work out and I'd want to do childcare again in my home. I've known this lady for a few yrs now, and she has said several times,that we are totally different. Center vs home, more kids vs less kids, rates etc.
Sprouts 06:34 PM 09-12-2012
Center and family or group family day cares are different. But speak to her anyway and get everything in writing so there is no confusion in the future. My dad always tells me

"if it's not in writing, then it's not"
Tags:employee clause, extra income, helper
Reply Up