Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording Help?
childcaremom 06:31 AM 03-24-2016
I have a dcf that I signed two months ago. She just found out that she is being posted to a ship (military) so needs to find a new care arrangement (I will not accomodate early hours). Anyhoo we agreed that she could do the 2 weeks here that her holding fee would have gone towards.

We just finished her first week and there are 2 issues that I am having. I have addressed them verbally and in writing and it is still happening.

Rather than turn away at the door on Tuesday, I would like to address this one FINAL time and would appreciate some feedback on my wording.

Issue one: Bottles need to be prepared and ready to go. I addressed this initially and her response was to send the powder and water separately packaged. I need it completely ready. Not such a huge issue but it is my policy.

Issue two: Outdoor stuff. Seriously. It is winter here, I don't care what the calendar says. She sent her the first day without mitts and a one piece suit that she can't sit up in. After addressing this, she sent her with splash pants and robeez rainboots. It snowed that day.

Here is what I am thinking:

Dear Dcm,

After reviewing this past week, I do want to address a few issues, prior to dcg returning to care on Tuesday.

Bottles must be completely ready to go and ready to serve. Any mixing/shaking needs to be done at home so that they are ready to serve as needed.

I do need to address the outdoor wear once more. Dcg will need a separate snow suit. Winter coat and winter pants. As well, proper mittens are needed. These must be the snowmobile style. Knitted mitts, stretchy mitts, etc are not warm enough. Our outdoor time is a favourite of my group and I am not able or willing to forego or cut short this time because dcg is not prepared. Please ensure that dcg has the above items or she will not be accepted into care next week.

Thank you.

Dcm knew this at our interview, what was required, in terms of outerwear. When I talked to her about it again yesterday, she told me that she looked but wasn't able to find any items at the stores and that she was sorry but they haven't been spending much time outside lately. I would like to add that this is an 11 month old who is only crawling so on the ground. She has been frozen and we've cut our outdoor time because of this. Not fair to the GROUP!

I would like to say, that I'm sorry and empathize but she needs to be prepared. That while I am happy to accomodate another week (even though I technically don't have to because she is choosing not to enroll her child) of care that I will not be bending policies or expectations for her.

Thoughts?
Ariana 07:37 AM 03-24-2016
I think that sounds perfectly reasonable. She is still in your care and still needs to have the necessary clothes to participate. I do believe her when she says she can't find anything BUT she may not be looking hard enough. Even the doller store has decent mitts you can buy right now....
childcaremom 07:41 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I think that sounds perfectly reasonable. She is still in your care and still needs to have the necessary clothes to participate. I do believe her when she says she can't find anything BUT she may not be looking hard enough. Even the doller store has decent mitts you can buy right now....
I empathize but what was she going to do *if* she was going to enroll with me?

And I know that the baby boutique stores will have stuff. It's not like her new daycare is going to keep her inside.

(can you tell this hit a nerve, lol)
MunchkinWrangler 07:43 AM 03-24-2016
Since she is already not going to be in your care and you just need to get through the last week, I would simply just turn her away at the door. If you have addressed this issue, I would give her the letter, I think it sounds fine, and follow through on sending her home if the bottles aren't prepared to you specifications and dcg isn't properly dressed for outdoors. If mom gripes, all you have to say is that you were clear at the time of enrollment and thought she was in agreement with your program and you have also reminded her, which is something you shouldn't have to do.

Sounds like another push and pull scenario, where mom says ok and then tries to just do things her way after the fact thinking you'll bend. Like you said, it's not fair to your group, so, turning away at the door, only makes it fair.
childcaremom 08:36 AM 03-24-2016
yes, I plan to turn away on Tuesday. Just wanted to give that last notice before then.

I am realizing that it is may be a blessing in disguise that she needed to switch daycares.
Tags:letter sample, notice of contract changes
Reply Up