Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Wrong With Parents These Days....No Common Sense!
Unregistered 11:58 AM 09-26-2011
HI, I am not a member, but often check this site out. I have been doing daycare for 30 years now and am getting so frustrated with parents these days. Do they not have any common sense! I have a 1 yr old boy I care for and he came again this morning with a BAD cold,runny nose & bad cough. It is was 52 degrees this morning when he came and he had no jacket on. I take a 4 yr old girl I have to a preschool in the mornings and it is chilly out in the am. Poor 1 yr old had no jacket, so had to take him out in the 52 degree morning.

Then I get to the preschool and the younger Moms are waiting for the preschool to open and one little girl, a little sister to a preschooler, was barefoot!!!! What on earth are parents thinking of...it is cold out and their poor child has no shoes nor socks on! Are parents just to lazy to dress their children according to the weather or is it that they just don't get it???

Does anyone else have parents that just can't seem to dress their kids for the weather?
Also, does anyone else agree that parents today just don't seem to use common sense with their kids? It seems to me that "Da", if it is chilly out, for heaven's sake, put a jacket on them!
Heidi 12:40 PM 09-26-2011
I live in WI. My 14 mo twins still arrive at dc without shoes every day. I asked for some 3 weeks ago. They are just starting to walk, and we go out every day unless it's pouring rain (or freezing, or 100 degrees).
Blackcat31 01:20 PM 09-26-2011
Please do not take this the wrong way since I mean it in the most helpful manner but,

Things are only a problem when you allow them to be. KWIM?

I understand where you are coming from but you are allowing it to continue. I personally would not allow a parent to leave their child if the child is not FULLY prepared for the day. If they are sick, then do not allow them to stay. If they can't remember shoes if you have asked repeatedly for them, then do not accept the child without them.

I know it isn't really that easy to do but it is completley that simple.
littlemissmuffet 01:24 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
I live in WI. My 14 mo twins still arrive at dc without shoes every day. I asked for some 3 weeks ago. They are just starting to walk, and we go out every day unless it's pouring rain (or freezing, or 100 degrees).
Stop letting them in! Hell would freeze over before I asked for an item 3 WEEKS AGO and still hadn't been brought to daycare.
Tags:parents - irresponsible
Reply Up