Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trying to Find a Customizable Management Software System
boulderrainbow.com 07:09 PM 07-21-2016
Hello all,
My name is Julie and I am helping my center of 35 +/- students find an ideal web-based management system to integrate with our website for our parents and admin to log in to. We are a non-profit (owned by a church) and we were trying to find a free or discounted program if possible. We would need it to have intake process with our own custom forms plus state required ones with required fillable fields, contact list, automatic roster, etc. We have a billing program already so it does not need to sync with it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I have looked into Salesforce for non profits but it does not seem to work for our needs. Other softwares seem to have high cost or offer more than we need, e.g., billing and employee time tracking. We mainly just want to "digitize" our intake process. Cake, the free software, seems to have a lot of issues so I am trying to locate one that has a little bit better support and that won't be prone to crashing or other issues. Unless you have had a positive experience with it... please share!
Any feedback, pointers or other thoughts are very much appreciated!
Blackcat31 07:27 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by boulderrainbow.com:
Hello all,
My name is Julie and I am helping my center of 35 +/- students find an ideal web-based management system to integrate with our website for our parents and admin to log in to. We are a non-profit (owned by a church) and we were trying to find a free or discounted program if possible. We would need it to have intake process with our own custom forms plus state required ones with required fillable fields, contact list, automatic roster, etc. We have a billing program already so it does not need to sync with it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I have looked into Salesforce for non profits but it does not seem to work for our needs. Other softwares seem to have high cost or offer more than we need, e.g., billing and employee time tracking. We mainly just want to "digitize" our intake process. Cake, the free software, seems to have a lot of issues so I am trying to locate one that has a little bit better support and that won't be prone to crashing or other issues. Unless you have had a positive experience with it... please share!
Any feedback, pointers or other thoughts are very much appreciated!
Lots of threads about the different types of software available: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=software
284878 07:57 AM 07-22-2016
Have you tried Brightwheel?
boulderrainbow.com 10:07 AM 07-22-2016
We have not tried it, but I read about it. Is it just an app for sharing info on the child's day or is there a parent sign in, custom forms, too?? Do you currently use it?
284878 05:23 AM 07-23-2016
Yes it does that. I have played with it, set it up but then never used it. I have just a small dc and dont want to mess with an app. Others on this forum love it. Do a search for bright wheels on the forum to find other threads on it or google their website.

They were just on shark tank.
Gavin - Sandbox Software 01:44 PM 01-04-2017
Hi Julie

I work at Sandbox Software! It is a childcare management software that helps you manage your business and communicate with parents. Our pricing is a very affordable monthly subscription which you can fit in your monthly budget. You can even test our software free for 30 days to see if it will work for your center! Hope this helps!
daycare 01:54 PM 01-04-2017
[quote=Gavin - Sandbox Software;620179]Hi Julie

I work at Sandbox Software! It is a childcare management software that helps you manage your business and communicate with parents. Our pricing is a very affordable monthly subscription which you can fit in your monthly budget. You can even test our software free for 30 days to see if it will work for your center! Hope this helps!

I've tried this and it's off the wall crazy good. BUT it's not affordable for a small business like mine. I have a large DC and it would cost me $60month. Also your deposits are very delayed for parent online pay.

I wish it was more affordable for FCC.
Gavin - Sandbox Software 02:06 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
I've tried this and it's off the wall crazy good. BUT it's not affordable for a small business like mine. I have a large DC and it would cost me $60month. Also your deposits are very delayed for parent online pay.

I wish it was more affordable for FCC.
Great to hear you enjoyed our software! I do understand it may not be affordable for every center. However, compared to our competitors we are one of the cheaper options.

Thanks for the feedback, we are always looking to improve our product!
Blackcat31 02:08 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Gavin - Sandbox Software:
Great to hear you enjoyed our software! I do understand it may not be affordable for every center. However, compared to our competitors we are one of the cheaper options.

Thanks for the feedback, we are always looking to improve our product!
This is the same software as this? The other guy wasn't named Gavin so I am just wondering if it's the same or not...
Michael 05:12 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Gavin - Sandbox Software:
Hi Julie

Hi Gavin. We do not allow advertising on the forum. If you would like more information on how to go about marketing your product on Daycare.com you can PM me.
Tags:management software, software/apps
Reply Up