Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Always Late To Drop Off
Crazy Baby 10:58 AM 12-10-2015
Always late dropping off! I may have complained about this before but it is still a huge issue. This DCD is always late. He will text me and say we are going to be late, I have to ask him what time he will get here and he says by 11 (contracted drop off is 9:30). That means that we have to wait around for him because he might be here at 10 or 11:15. I was going to make him change his drop off time in a new contract, but the family just put in their two week notice. Thank god I won't have to deal with this anymore although I am sad to lose the child.

So I guess my question is how do you deal with late drop offs? Would you have just termed this family for always being late? I would like to avoid this behavior with future families. I had previously spoken with the parents on numerous occasions but they think that texting to let me know an approximate time is acceptable and makes everything OK. It is a huge pain to never know when your kids are going to show up and having to change up the flow of your day.

They are moving the child to a preschool so I wonder how they will deal with timeliness there. Are preschools usually stringent on drop off time? Am I making too big of a deal out of this?
Tags:late drop offs
Up