Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigslist
LittleExplorers 12:04 PM 02-15-2018
Does anyone advertise openings on Craigslist? I have only been open a few months and am caring for teachers' kids only so I have a limited client base. I use Facebook but Craigslist makes me nervous. Wondering if you have any good/bad experiences with it.
BrynleeJean 12:25 PM 02-15-2018
I have it never got me much though. Neither did Facebook.

I always got the majority of people calling because they found me off the state website (because of my license)

OR

Id get the occasional referral from a client I already had.

To me the social media ones were people looking for a cheap cheap place like a babysitter
the people who found me off the state site of heard of me from a current client i found were looking for quality and found it ya know? not to brag

but finding GOOD clients is better than just finding any only client that need a "cheap babysitter" if you know what i mean
goodluck
Blackcat31 12:29 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
Does anyone advertise openings on Craigslist? I have only been open a few months and am caring for teachers' kids only so I have a limited client base. I use Facebook but Craigslist makes me nervous. Wondering if you have any good/bad experiences with it.
I have never used Craig's List but I have read ads posted by child care providers and honestly in my area (not sure about where you are in the state) Craig's List is not a reputable or reliable way of advertising.

Most of the providers that advertise for care in my area on CL are those that seem to have a revolving door for constant change in enrollment.
Homebody 12:35 PM 02-15-2018
Craigslist has been where I've gotten most of my clients from. Results have been mixed. You just have to do a lot of screening by email or phone before you schedule any interviews to make sure they are legit. Set up a separate email account just for craigslist. I think its not as popular as it used to be and people have gotten more nervous about using it. I've been using fb more and starting to get more interest from that then craigslist.
Homebody 12:39 PM 02-15-2018
Oh, and never list your phone number in the ad, you will start getting scammers calling you. I do everything by email first.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 12:49 PM 02-15-2018
When I'm actively trying to recruit I post on craigslist. A very short and simple add, 3-4 sentences with very basic info and a link to my Facebook page.
MomBoss 01:02 PM 02-15-2018
Ive gotten all my families off of craigslist and theyve been with me since ive opened.
CityGarden 06:18 PM 02-15-2018
I have listed on Craigslist but I have not gotten one client from it.

I would focus on building a Yelp page with strong reviews. (This is where I am putting my efforts next)

I am listed on Care.com and booked my favorite client from there.

Facebook Groups have gotten me quality inquiries some of which have resulted in enrollments.

Also I have a website that I have poured a lot of time into and at least 2 people found me via keywords in my site.
LittleExplorers 06:56 PM 02-15-2018
Thanks for the input everyone. I have gotten all my current enrollees from Facebook and thanks to forums like this, I know the importance of interviewing clients as much as they interview me.
Reply Up