Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Spent $500
awestbrook713 12:50 PM 11-14-2011
So I just spent the $500 from a grant I received. I purchased a child size table, six child size chairs, a toy shelfing unit. I also purchased a 200 piece wooden block set, math equation bead set, sliceable fruit and veggie set, plastic pattern blocks and activity cards. Hope the kids enjoy these and they were good choices.
daycare 12:51 PM 11-14-2011
wow you got a lot for $500.00 smart shopping!!!

who was the grant through?
small_steps 01:41 PM 11-14-2011
That is a lot for $500. I love getting new things. Especially if it's from a grant.
misspollywog 01:54 PM 11-14-2011
Who is Grant and why is he giving you free money??

You bought smart and I'm sure the kiddos will love it! Did you get one of those kidney-shaped preschool tables? I really want one. Don't know why, I just do lol.
KEG123 01:56 PM 11-14-2011
Awesome! Be sure to take before and after pics of your daycare area so we can see all your new goodies once you get them!
awestbrook713 02:03 PM 11-14-2011
The grant was through Voice/Csea. LOL at "whos grant?". Its not a kidney shaped table although I have seen them and would love to get one to, I just got a rectangular table with adjustable legs, it will be so much better for meals and arts and crafts.

I can take pictures just can't guarentee they will be to impressive since my daycare areas are my living areas as well so its hard to devote it all to daycare. But these purchases should be big improvements and help me get organized!!
KEG123 02:10 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
The grant was through Voice/Csea. LOL at "whos grant?". Its not a kidney shaped table although I have seen them and would love to get one to, I just got a rectangular table with adjustable legs, it will be so much better for meals and arts and crafts.

I can take pictures just can't guarentee they will be to impressive since my daycare areas are my living areas as well so its hard to devote it all to daycare. But these purchases should be big improvements and help me get organized!!
Same...hopefully you can inspire me! I'm going to be getting a grant soon, and have been wracking my brain on how I'm going to re-arrange things so that it's not overpopulated with daycare things, but still kid friendly, and also adult friendly.
CheekyChick 03:08 PM 11-14-2011
GRANTS??? How do I get a grant??? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

It sounds like you did a GREAT job picking things the children will love. It will feel like Christmas.
DaycareMama 04:13 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:

I just filled out the application they sent me today. Do you happen to recall how long it took you to get the money after sending the application in?? Not that im anxious or anything

You really did get a lot of stuff. Thats sooo awesome!!
Texasjeepgirl 05:50 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
Who is Grant and why is he giving you free money??
LOL.. WHAT she said
Crystal 06:56 PM 11-14-2011
Very cool. You will be happily pleased with the difference a nice table and chair set and a nice wooden block set will make. Congrats on the new stuff!
melskids 04:38 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I just filled out the application they sent me today. Do you happen to recall how long it took you to get the money after sending the application in?? Not that im anxious or anything

You really did get a lot of stuff. Thats sooo awesome!!
i applied when it first came out and only waited about 3 weeks.

a friend of mine applied back in may, and just got it this week.

either way, money is money, and worth the wait!!!!

theonly problem i had, was i went WAY over the $500 grant. i couldnt help myself...i have a REAL toy buying problem....lol
rbmom 04:49 AM 11-15-2011
Awesome!! That's exciting!
Tags:grant money
Reply Up