Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMK Alternatives....
Jack Sprat 11:09 AM 12-16-2014
I used MMK last year for all my daycare business. I let the subscription expire and really don't want to spend the $70 for a new one right now. Our food program does not use MMK so I won't be able to get a discount that way.

Are there any other programs that you all use? Preferably one that is low cost or free? I saw one called Cake but, not sure its as good as MMK.

TIA
craftymissbeth 07:41 PM 12-16-2014
I'm going to pen and paper for 2015 with RedLeaf Calendar Keeper. I've used MMK since I opened in 2013 and I'm just not in a position to spend $70 even if I can deduct it. My tax preparer doesn't like it anyway and I still have to go through and reade everything without the T/S% since MMK automatically applies it.

I tried Cake and despised it.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

I tried Cake and despised it.
I loved Cake.

I hated the technical issues.

If they can ever work out those kinks, it'd be a fantastic program/app.
craftymissbeth 07:07 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I loved Cake.

I hated the technical issues.

If they can ever work out those kinks, it'd be a fantastic program/app.
The idea behind Cake is great. And I agree...if they worked out all of the MANY kinks I would try it out again in a heartbeat. But imo, it was way too all over the place.
butterfly 09:26 AM 12-17-2014
I googled cake and just got hungry. do you have a link? I'm curious to learn more.
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I googled cake and just got hungry. do you have a link? I'm curious to learn more.
Yeah....cake.. Mmmm!

https://cakechildcare.com/
Jack Sprat 10:46 AM 12-17-2014
Lol!! I used Cake a bit yesterday. I can't say I love it.

I really liked MMK and think I will just break down and renew my subscription. It was so easy to use last for taxes. I am the worlds worst at keeping books. So bad I took an entire day off in Jan. to sit at home with my coffee and work on taxes (all the crap I should have done monthly). I also refuse to pay someone to do them. Last year went smoothly, hoping this year does as well.
Blackcat31 10:49 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Lol!! I used Cake a bit yesterday. I can't say I love it.

I really liked MMK and think I will just break down and renew my subscription. It was so easy to use last for taxes. I am the worlds worst at keeping books. So bad I took an entire day off in Jan. to sit at home with my coffee and work on taxes (all the crap I should have done monthly). I also refuse to pay someone to do them. Last year went smoothly, hoping this year does as well.
The part about Cake I loved the most was the sign in/out kiosk that could be used on my i-pad for electronic signing. Worked pretty slick....

...until it decided to lock up and not let anyone sign in or out unless you turned your device off and back on again.

Signing in with a pen and paper took less time and didn't malfunction on a regular basis
butterfly 11:53 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yeah....cake.. Mmmm!

https://cakechildcare.com/
Thanks BC.
Reply Up