Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Claiming
Leigh 01:47 PM 01-05-2015
I have already emailed the food program three times today with issues about special diets, so I'm not emailing her again today!

My question is about days that I am open, but my daycare kids are gone. Can I still claim my own child and foster children? I have never done so, but I got to thinking about it, and thought since I am open, MAYBE I could. Does anyone know the rule on this?

This is the year that I am not letting anything get by me-I am claiming every deduction that I can and claiming every meal I can. I've organized my coupons and started planning meals better-I'm trying to save an extra $300 a month this year for my "cushion".
Blackcat31 02:01 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have already emailed the food program three times today with issues about special diets, so I'm not emailing her again today!

My question is about days that I am open, but my daycare kids are gone. Can I still claim my own child and foster children? I have never done so, but I got to thinking about it, and thought since I am open, MAYBE I could. Does anyone know the rule on this?

This is the year that I am not letting anything get by me-I am claiming every deduction that I can and claiming every meal I can. I've organized my coupons and started planning meals better-I'm trying to save an extra $300 a month this year for my "cushion".
I found this:

"An income eligibility application must be completed for each individual foster child residing in a provider’s home or a statement which documents the child’s foster status must be submitted. A foster child is considered a family of one and is categorically eligible for Tier 1 reimbursement. "

and "A foster child is considered a household of one. "

Which means to me that as long as the foster child is eating with your own kids you CAN claim the meal since a foster child is considered it's own household and not part of yours technically.

Page 6 of this pdf.
http://www.proactioninc.org/SCCP/fil...20Handbook.pdf
butterfly 02:08 PM 01-05-2015
I have experience with this. I used to be a foster parent. I could claim foster kids and my own children ONLY when I had other dcks present. If I didn't have dcks here for breakfast, I could not claim ANY breakfasts, etc. At least one dck had to be present.
Leigh 02:41 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I found this:

"An income eligibility application must be completed for each individual foster child residing in a provider’s home or a statement which documents the child’s foster status must be submitted. A foster child is considered a family of one and is categorically eligible for Tier 1 reimbursement. "

and "A foster child is considered a household of one. "

Which means to me that as long as the foster child is eating with your own kids you CAN claim the meal since a foster child is considered it's own household and not part of yours technically.

Page 6 of this pdf.
http://www.proactioninc.org/SCCP/fil...20Handbook.pdf
Thanks SO much-that made it pretty easy!
Tags:deduction - food, food program questions
Reply Up